What's new

Question about Dazzle and/or Pennacle??? (1 Viewer)

Tommy*M

Auditioning
I have a large archive of VHS videos that are beginning to degrade, and I have been looking for a way to preserve them onto a longer-lasting medium. Through my searching on the net, I have found two possible answers to my situation. Well, three actually, but I'm not interested in $1000.00 for the Phillips DVD recorder unless I absolutely have to. Anyway, I found the Dazzle Digital Video Creator and the Pennacle Studio Deluxe, which conect to a VCR, Camcorder, TV, etc. to your computer allowing you to make them into MPEG files and then record them onto CD-R(W). I was wondering if anybody on here has had any experience with either or both of these systems, and whether or not they would recommend them. Or maybe even other ideas for products I haven't found yet? Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

PaulKH

Second Unit
Tommy - I have the Dazzle card/box and it works well but you'd better have a fast PC with a fast and huge amount of hard drive space. About a 3 minute video I 'preserved' from Hi8 camcorder tape took about 700MB on disk.

Another option I'm considering is just buying a digital camcorder, which support analog input and they then convert that input to digital video on tape which can then be transferred to the PC without loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks