What's new

quest or tb? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
I have figured the prices will end up being the same (around 200$) but i annot decide between the quest b5 (i think thats the name)bookshelf and the q5 center (alredy own the q66towers)or the diy tb speakers with the 3" drivers i would have 2 drivers in 3 of them with a x-over and the rear two would have just one driver. Anyone who has any opinoins on these please tell me what you think and or what to get. Thanks,
Kevin

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I love the TB 871s, very clear and detailed sound, but since you already have the quest towers you may want to stay in the same line. Unless you sell the quests and build 5 new speakers like the Elf 1.5s or Spires at www.creativesound.ca

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
I am just really worried about the tb being loud enough but i think the tbs will sound better. so this is really hard to decide and i need opionions if you have any. Thanks, Kevin

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
If you cross them over at about 100 Hz or higher they go very loud. I have been listening to them for the past two hours. They sound great.

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Hey graham do you have any pics? are you using them for ht or music and how do they sound? Last ? how loud is loud to you? Thanks , Kevin

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Well i have decided to go with 1.5 elf for rs ls and center and will be going will the super elfs for the fr fl and music what do you think? will the 1.5 integrate well with the super elfs or should i do 3 super elfs?

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I thought the super elf was a replacement for the 1.5 elf. Do you mean spires? Either way, the timbral matching should be excellent with the 871s doing most of the work.

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
No i meant should i do 3 super elfs in the front because i have read front left right and center should be the same and the surrounds are not as important. so i would have 3 1.5s 1 center two surrounds and 2 super elfs front left and right for music. i just wanted to know if this would wor ir should i have 3 super elfs in the front? Thaks, Kevin

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I have only used the 1.0 elf, but it would make sense to use 3 identical speakers for the front soundstage.

robert.ja

Auditioning
If anyone out there has listened to the Spires, please post a review. I would like to read opinions, comparisons, or any other information you would like to share about these speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks