Queer As Folk (British)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Ringwald, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Just wondering what everyone might have thought of it. I have never seen the original version, and only was able to see a few of the ones on Showtime. I was just wondering if anyone got the 2 DVD set because I just ordered it and I anxious to hear what some people might have thought about it. I keep hearing that the British version is the supirior one when compared to the showtime version.
    I am looking forward to watching this. Any comments on the show or the DVD?
    Also, I noticed that it say (the first 8 episodes) if I'm not mistaken, this show only lasted that long right? with a short sequel type that came out a little later. Queer as Fold 2, same men, new tricks? Is this the whole entire series?

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

The two sets encompass all UK QAF. Did you find it for a good price? My main sticking point is how much I'd be paying for alterred music.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

3. Robert Ringwald

I think I payed quite a lot... [​IMG]
    about $62.00 with shipping, but it is the only place online I can currently order from...(parents)
    I didn't know the music was altered, but hey, I won't notice because this will be the first time I'm watching it at all. [​IMG]

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Luckily I have an APEX, so I could get the UK version, that cost less than $62 for the whole thing
    The music was changed because they didn't buy the worldwide rights to it. Then the show got popular, so the price went up bigtime [​IMG]
    You should love it, no matter what [​IMG]
    Jeff Kleist

5. Robert Ringwald

How are the features?
    Anamorphic Widescreen?
    Extras?
    Any info. [​IMG] I can't get any online.

6. Robert Ringwald

I just saw over at DVDfile.com that the showtime DVD's for the American version are to be Anamorphic Widescreen. [​IMG] That is a nice bit of info.