What's new

Quantum Leap reunion movie possible..... (1 Viewer)

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Quantum Leap was one of my favorite shows.

Will be interesting to see how this pick this up. Will they continue from the series finale or pickup somewhere down the line drawing upon leaps that happened inbetween time.

~Kurt

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
If I recall the finale, Sam had the power to go home if he so chose according to the bartender. If I recall, the closing flashed text on the screen that Sam Beckett never returned home....

Now I have to go research this some more.

~Kurt

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Quantum Leap was/is still one of my favorite shows. And I too remember that the ending is Kurt's post was the *LAST* episode that I watched...with tears streaming down my face at the end:frowning:!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I haven't seen it since the night it aired, but on the final show,

didn't Sam have a choice to either leap into his present or change things for Al, and he chose the latter? I know he fixed Al's first marriage, but I'm not sure if that caused him to miss his chance to end things.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

My understanding from what I recall of the finale, is that the bartender told Sam he always had the power to return home... My interpetation of the final text saying Sam did not go home again was he decided to continue to set right things that went wrong.

~Kurt

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Kurt, your post has made my memories of the show a little clearer. I think you're right.

All this makes me wish I could see that episode again! All my tapes are gone now. I haven't been watching the reruns on Sci-Fi, but maybe I can catch it there. I'll have to check the listings.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I still have the finale on tape somewhere.

I must admit, this was a favorite of mine 'back in the day.' I still catch it ocassionally, and although my tastes have changed somewhat, it was still a really really cool show. It deserves a movie... I kind of liked the way they ended the series.. and they did right by the fans by having the whole beth/al thing resolved

It's weird though.. watching enterprise is kind of a downer for me because the 'sam beckett' character was so well portrayed from the very first episode of QL, and the 'archer' character from ST seems so stilted and one dimensional, even after several episodes!

Remember the halloween episode of QL with Satan, the goat, the 'evil Al,' etc? That was actually pretty evil!

-joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks