What's new

Qed Qunex 2 interconnects (1 Viewer)

Kenn

Agent
Hi there.
I have these interconnects and they have directional arrows on them to indicate the flow of the signal i guess:P I am confused, where which end do i connect to the cd player and which end to the amplifier?
Cd player: NAD C521i
Receiver/Amp: Yamaha RX-V595
Speakers: JBL J series 820M Bookshelves
Regards.
Kenn.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Kenn,

The arrows should point FROM the CDP and TO the Receiver.

The "directionality" is related to the grounding of the shield, I believe.

Many people don't seem to hear differences with the arrows pointing either way--but that doesn't mean there can't be situations in which it would make a difference.

Regards,

Mike

Kenn

Agent
Hi Mike.

Thanks for the info. So to clarify, do you mean the arrows pointing "INTO" the receiver? from the cd player.

So essentially the "flow" is going into the receiver?

i.e. Cd player -> Receiver?

Regards.
Kenn.

Kenn

Agent
Hi Craig.
Thanks for the confirmation. Actually does it really make a difference in sound quality? I hear dpeople saying it doesn't:P
Are those interconnects that i bouhgt alright?:)
Regards.
Kenn.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i don't believe that it will make any difference. as Mike said, it indicates how the shielding is done. the shield is only electrically connected to the rca connector on one end of the cable. this is to minimize the possibility of hum from a ground loop. the arrow is on there to let you know to connect both cables the same way. in your case, you could connect either both "connected" rca's to the cd player or both to the rcvr.

Kenn

Agent
Hi Craig.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Now i want everything NAD:P hehe but no money. I have to do with a NAD C521i cd player and a yamaha DD5.1 receiver:P
Do you think a QED Qunex 2 interconnect will sound better than those no name that comes with cd players?:P I haven't tried the one that came with the cd player though.
Regards.
Kenn.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Generally speaking, when you see arrows it means that the shield on the cable is connected at one end. In these cases the shield carries neither the signal nor the ground. If there are differences between the ground levels in your two components it just might make a difference how you connect your cables. My general understanding is that where the shield is grounded will generally be at the source of the signal, in your case, the CD player. The arrow points in the direction of the signal flow, which as others have indicated, in your case means its pointed towards the receiver. You may as well try both ways and try to determine if there's any reduction in noise. Don't hear any either way put it back so the arrow faces the receiver. Why? Because in the back of your head it'll be gnawing at you that you didn't put it in the way the manufacturer suggested and you'll be worrying about it late at night when you should be worrying about things that go bump in the night.
Oh, I'm sure your cables are fine and you no doubt had many equally good choices, some less, some more costly. If you want to read about the cables you can find ithere

Kenn

Agent
Hi Chu Gai.

Thanks. Yeah i think the ones i chose are alright. I was going to get a Audioquest copperhead or something similar but i just went with the QED Qunex 2 since it got good reviews on it.

Regards.
Kenn.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
sounds like a similar question I had when I was having the speaker cables to my surround speakers installed in the wall. I noticed arrows on them and asked if this was important, the salesman said realistically no, but why buck the trend? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks