What's new

Q on H/K receivers w/MP3 decoding. (1 Viewer)

StevenK

Second Unit
Just ordered a AVR 520. I couldn't believe how low this was going for considering it does 7.1, the internal amps allow for any inputs (there's a jumper on the back that allows this!), 6.1 input, 7.1 pre-outs, Logic 7 for 2-ch sources, component switching, a host of other great features...AND MP3 decoding. What's wrong with H/K that they are selling this thing so low compared to comparable receivers from Onkyo (797) and Denon (3802)?

Anyhow, I wonder how the decoding quality is. Also, to H/K owners with this capabilities...how do you send it MP3 data? The only way I know of is through an HTPC. I haven't seen a standalone MP3 player with digital out yet.

BTW, I picked this up from Onecall for $627 shipped. Ecost.com also has it for $628 shipped. Both are listed as authorized on HK's site.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
You need to go to the H/K website-Receivers-Click on MP3 link in text. Acrobat reader file takes a few seconds...explains all about the DAL 150. You will need it without an H/K DVD 50/H/K CDR 30 player.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
What are peoples opinions on the receiver? I just heard about this and it seems interesting, with 7.1 pre-outs and a pretty good feature set at a reasonable price. Comparisons with other receivers?

I'd love to hear what you think of it once you get it Steven!

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
It is excellent. Go and audition it for yourself. I have the 510 and 310 (just purchased for the bedroom) and can tell you H/K makes a great receiver. To my mind the 520 is the best receiver under $1000. All the quality manufacturers make good products...selection is a personal thing. Others may have onboard 6.1, etc. but there is a full 7.1 upgrade path of pre-outs, an 8 channel input, components for those who use them, five channel main inputs, you name it. This thing is loaded for bear. It didn't need PL2 but there it is along with H/K's Logic-7.

But how does it sound? Go listen to one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks