What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pushing Daisies Season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The current season-order for Pushing Daisies is only the first 13 episodes, not the full season.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
There is a "forced cleverness" about this show that grates a little on my nerves, but I've been tuning in regularly and hope it continues to build upon its loaded premise and develop its characters (the leads' supposed affection for one another still seems a little questionable / shallow to me). The cast is great. One concern is that it may not be "hip" enough for prime time network television.

At the end of the road we should get a nice little box set at the very least, as with "Wonderfalls". But of course one hopes the enterprise lasts a little longer than that.

S

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Yeah! Before he busted ass out of the funeral parlor. :laugh:

And then, he was far enough away that they had to drive to pick him up. :D

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
This is the show that just keeps on giving. It's a welcome, fun change of pace from the procedurals and formulaic comedies. Not that I'll give up watching the latter.:)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Loved the part where one of the aunts emptied the
tears from eye patch.

Still enjoying this!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TV Guide confirms that Pushing Daisies has been picked up for a full season of 22 episodes.

Amazing. A show I really enjoy isn't immediately cancelled. :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just watched the Pigeon episode
another nice episode

I thought it was great when Olive referenced a They Might be Giants song and then sang that song in the aunts car
I also liked how they shot the jail house cemetery scene from the ground up with the moon in between Chuck and Ned.
The story flowed very nicely, going from one dead body to the next.
My favorite thing is with the narration, how the narrator will say something, then one of the charatcer will say that exact same thing

Next week is their special Halloween episode

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I are both thoroughly entertained by this show, another great episode tonight and I can not wait for the halloween episode.

The narcoleptic woman was a great touch.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah. A couple months ago on another forum, I gave this show three weeks at the outside before it got cancelled, based on the "Sonnenfeld Jinx" of excellent shows that nobody ever watches.

Glad I was finally wrong on this one.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There a lot of elements that make this show really cool. The narrator is one, his voice and pace are like the narrator in the Bullwinkle or Fractured Fairy Tales cartoon.

I hope someone wouldn't mind explaining what happened last week, I had the TV on, but was interrupted by a business call during the whole show! How did Olive figure out that Ned brought Chuck back to life? Or it appears she figured out that Chuck is the niece of the two Aunts when she brought the pie to their house with the homeopathic drops in it? And she only knows she's alive, but not that Ned brought her back?

I did like how Olive at the last minute decided not to reveal Chuck to the aunts.

Thanks! Nelson

PS, I saw a repeat of Letterman last night and Sonnenfeld was on talking about Daisies. He commented that he felt it a great compliment that the Pilot looked like a Tim Burton film.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Olive doesn't know what Ned can do. She thinks Chuck faked her death.

Great to see Charlie again. Loved when she simply stood up and the ribbons came undone. The actress needs to land somewhere on a more permanent basis.

I like how they played around with the narrator's usual schtick of giving the exact time of the person's life. That's in danger of getting old, so it was nice when they changed it to, "At that moment, Ned was . . . bored and playing ball by himself." Not the exact phrase, but something like that.

"He was my bunkmate."

"Is that a euphemism for. . . ?"

"Not in this case, ma'am."

:laugh:

"Braden Caden" was kind of pushing the cuteness factor for me. The only false note. Still a great show.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Ah yes... Jayma Mays. From Entourage, Ugly Betty and Heroes :)
I was very glad to see her in this episode.
I thought she was just perfect for her role as Elsa the windmill woman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks