What's new

Pulp Fiction Vista Series???? (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
What's the latest word on the Pulp Fiction SE?
Like an idiot I ebayed my current copy a few months ago when it was rumored to be coming out this winter. :frowning:
Jim

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
yea i've been wondering about this forever. i gave my copy away a while ago, when it was rumored to be coming out in september!!! this is killing me! :angry:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Regarding the barebones edition of the DVD, is the widescreen SE VHS better than this (as far as features, not video and sound quality, but anyone could comment on that too)?

I too am curious as to the details of the Vista version. I would love a commentary and what not.

And why have Tarentino films not been given a the SE treatment? I mean, I know there is that whole documentary on From Dusk 'Till Dawn, but why not a SE of all his films? Are they all Miramax DVD releases? I love his films and do not own one of them on DVD because I am hoping for SEs of them.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Brad-
The Alliance Atlantis canadian DVD release of Pulp Fiction has all of the extras from the VHS tape (basically some deleted scenes and a series of trailers from around the world). Since it's also region 1 you can play it on a US player with no problems. Picture quality's not too great, but no worse than the barebones Disney version available here in the US. You can get the canadian DVD from www.dvdepot.com I think, and perhaps some other sources (I bought mine while I was on vacation in our neighbor to the north). Actually with the exchange rate it'll probably end up cheaper than buying the US version.
- Guy

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I agree. The Alliance version is not that bad at all. I own it and it has some deleted scenes that the VHS doesn't have. It's neat to see, but if you aren't into the deleted scenes, there is no reason this title again.

I'm hoping that the Vista Series will contain a commentary track. No, I don't want to know or care what is in the brief case, I just like to have commentary tracks on my favorite movies.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Thanks for the reply guy. I think I'll wait for the Vista version.

Anyone know the official release date?

Tom, I too love commentary tracks and think this would be an awesome movie for one!

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've held on to my bare-bones DVD, but man it's been taking a long time for the SE. Same thing with Jackie Brown, I've still got my laserdisc of that. I've been hoping for a DVD release ever since they butchered it and put it on Divx.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Given that Tarantino is about to start work on 2 movies back to back, after a 4 year hiatus, it will be interesting to see what, if anything, is released in the short term. I suspect Tarantino just isn't overly interested in re-visting his own movies. If he were, we would already have a proper SE of Pulp Fiction (and by that I don't consider the Criterion LD - replicated almost whole, save for the Charlie Rose interview - on the Canadian DVD, a proper SE for this film)and Jackie Brown (which is on a barebones DVD virtually everywhere else in the world but R1).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks