What's new

Pulp Fiction question (1 Viewer)

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I don't know if this is even possible, bus has anyone tried to watch the movie by switching the chapters around so that all the scenes are in chonological order? Just curious, that's all.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
It's not completely possible because some of the scenes (in the diner, at least) are repeated from different viewpoints.

DJ

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
But honestly, why would you want to? Same question about Memento... It's like taking a piece of music and making the notes play in ascending scales... it just takes the magic and art out of the film, which was composed as it is finally seen.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I've done it, Aaron, as an academic exercise, just to make sure I had the chronology right.

As a film, it's much better the way it is.

RonWilson

Grip
It took me a few viewings to notice this, but did anyone else notice Travolta in the opening sequence in the diner?Its in one of the close-ups of Amanda Plummer. You can briefly see him in his "volleyball tournement" get-up leaving to go the bathroom.I thought it was nice added detail!

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Relax! I think it is perfect the way it is, guys. I was just curious to see what it would be like to see it in order, that's all. Kind of a try-it-out sort of thing, nothing more.

Didn't notice that, Ron! Pretty cool!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think you only have to re-order 3 sections for a "more-or-less" chronological order to the film. I remember going through this exercise in the late 1990's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks