What's new

Public street parking. (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Our new home does not have a drive way so we must park on the street.Shortly after moving in we had to park accross the street and the neighbor there insisted we move the car as her husband gets home soon and thats "his" spot...well,after a heated debate about it being public first come first serve parking he threatend us several times and out tires got slashed...I know,I cannot prove it was him but it was rather ironic.

Well,we ended up filing a complaint with the prosecutor and they have not even looked at us since that however last night one of the other neighbors came to our door at 10:30 complaining that he had to park 2 houses down...which we have to do quite often as well...after all,it is first come first serve,there is no assigned parking.So...should we keep moving our cars as we did last night and have done in the past just to keep peace...and tires or should we stand firm?My wife wants to throw down but I just keep reminding her of the behavior of our neighbors that gave us crap to beign with.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Park wherever you want to...if something happens to you car again though, I'd set up a video recorder overnight.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Be aware that if they were willing to slash your tires once they are surely willing to do it again. If it happned the same nigh that you parked in front of their house in "his spot", and you are patient, park again in that spot and wait with a Video Recorder with a good Zoom lense. That is the only way that you would get the cops or DA to do anything unless they catch them in the act. Personally it wouldnt be worth it to me and I would just walk a little. But if my tires were to get slashed I would probably set them up just to nail their ass to the wall for doing something that Child like.

KyleS

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
If the pricks do it again I would spray paint their house.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys!My wife read over my shoulder and while she likes the idea of spray painting their house,she really likes the good idea of taping them..we have discussed that before but with our luck it would only happen on the night we forgot to put the camera out.

Saddly it has gotten to the point that we are afraid to go out on our porch...at all even with my german sheperd.After taking the verbal threats,people banging on our doors at all hours of the night and the 2 year olds acting like..2 year olds we have found our selves prisioner in our own home and we cannot just up and move because we are tied into a lease and we have discussed it with our land lord and all he was concerned with was the safety of HIS property.

Anyway,hopfully theese morons do not pay their rent and get kicked out or somthing...we should not have to run when we have done nothing wrong

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Do not take the threats, disturbances at 2am or the tire slashing laying down. The next time it happens, call the police. These people are breaking the law. Start a journal, listing the incidents as they happen and subsequent calls to the police. Set up a video camera if possible (a small suveilance camera is pretty cheap and can be hooked to a VCR). When enough evidence is accumulated, go to their landlord and I guarantee they will be evicted. If you think your landlord is worried about his property, the other landlord is 10 times as worried about who he lets rent his.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks