What's new

PSB Subsonic 7 any good? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I am pretty sure that I blew out my sub this weekend watching The Thin Red Line. It is making some terible rattling noises anytime the bass kicks in. So I am in the market for a new sub. I really like the PSB line and was wondering how good the Subsonic 7 is. I tried to seach for some info but did not find any specifics on it. I need to stay under $1000 any suggestions? I also am interested in the Mirage line.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The subsonic 7 is their top of the line. I have the Subsonic 6 which extends down to 25Hz at -3dB but the 7 goes down to 22Hz at -3dB. It is a compliment to their Stratus line of speakers. I have heard it and what I heard was good, probably comparable to what Paradigm has for their best subs.

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
In tht price range why not an SVS? I think it can hang with either the mirage or the psb without issues. I have a 20-39cs and love it as do many other SVS owners on this board.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
if you get a chance to audition the 7 at home for a weekend...and you like it...it could be all you need. How large is your room?
The mirage bps400 is a nice unit...they were slashed to $799 a while back at some stores...that's a good deal. Onecall has the SPL1200($749)and ct150($449) from VEL at great pricing. Dual ct150s stacked would be on hell of a

Chip E

Screenwriter
My speakers.. All PSB Stratus series
My sub... SVS
Sonic HT Nervana................ :)
- Chip

Phil T

Agent
I have owned the Subsonic 7 for 6 months now, and it is incredible. Musical when it needs to be, and absolutely gut pounding (but never boomy) during movies. Even my wife likes it as it is much tighter and more musical sounding than other subs I have owned (and they annoyed her greatly!!). It has tons of power (particularly dynamic peak power) which keeps that 15" driver under control.
I'm currently using it in combination with my Dynaudio Audience 122 L/C/R and a Denon 3802 (as well as 4 PSB in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds). It has no problem filling a 16'x21'x9' HT room with sound. I paid $1000 Cdn for it ($650 USD). This is one sub I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. You can get more info here:
http://www.psbspeakers.com/s/Subwoofers2.html#SubSonic7

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks