What's new

PSB Stratus minis are 4 ohm speakers so...... (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I was thinking of getting the NAD T762 to drive them since the NAD's amp sections are equipped to really handle 4 OHM loads. When I bought the Startus Minis I didn't know they were 4 ohm speakers, and they are now being run with a Denon 1802. Most of the forum people I know running them are usuing separates. I can't afford the Rotel combo I want this year, so I figure the NAD would probably be the next best thing as it is a receiver which borrows much from the separate philosophy. I would appreciate any opinions.

Thanks,

Reggie

James Edward

Supporting Actor
You should be just fine. As you said, NAD can drive low impedance speakers.

I used my trusty 2 channel 65 wpc NAD to drive my Stratus Golds for about 6 months, until I bought a dedicated power amp. There were no shutdowns, hiccups, etc. And the Golds are, according to reviewers, a notoriously difficult load for an amplifier- something to do with their 'phase angle' and impedance. (No idea what phase angle means).

The 762 will sound great with the Minis. There should be no issues with that setup...

I currently(no pun) have the 752, and it never runs out of breath. The 762 has even more power. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks