What's new

PSB stratus goldi vs. Paradigm 60v.2 (1 Viewer)

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I currently have the paradigm studio 60v.2s and was wondering how much of a improvement in sound and movies are PSB goldi's going to be? I know that the PSb's is more expensive, but I never heard one.

Bruce

DavidY

Supporting Actor
IMO, Paradigm Reference and PSB Stratus line have their own unique sound. I found that PSB Stratus (based on a demo of the Bronze) to be accurate, but laid back. The PSB's are definately not as dynamic as the Paradigm Reference....more forward sounding with crispy highs IMO.

BTW, in the end, I went with the Paradigm Reference Studio/60 V.1.

Trust your ears.

Dave

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
The PSB Goldi's, to my ears, were slightly better, more accurate speakers than the the Paradigm Studio 100's (and with better bass extension), let alone the '60s. To me, the Bronze, Silver or the 60 is your best bet, in terms of a fair comparison.

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Thanks for your replies, I can probably almost break even trading my digms in for the goldi's for a little more. So thats why I'm comparing the 2.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
If you can break even, by all means go for it. I've auditioned the Studio/60s, Studio/80s, Stratus Silveri's and Goldi's...the 60s are definitely no match for the Goldi's, or even the Silveri's

Chip E

Screenwriter
When i was in the market for new speakers about a year ago i demoed the Paradigm Studio Ref 60's and found them harsh at the top. I then auditioned the PSB Stratus Silveri 's and fell in love with them.. I found them smoother, with better integration of the highs. I'd bet the Goldi 's are incredible sounding speakers. I've owned the Silveri 's for about a year now.

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Chip, I have the paradigm studio 60s and they are certainly not bright at all. Before I was running them off my outlaw reciever and sounded fine, needed more power though. Then I got the jolida tube amp and this thing kicks so much ass now! I just want to compare the 2 speakers. I might just go with the goldi's because they're worth more.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I can say is the Golds are great speakers for music as I have heard them. Go for it.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Can't go wrong with the PSB Stratus Goldi's. They do require a separate amplifier and won't sound their best with a reciever though as their impedence drops to 2.7 ohms at certain frequencies. With the right amplification, they sound great.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I think the PSB Stratus speakers are far more refined than the Paradigm Reference speakers. The PSBs are a bit on the warm and laid-back side, but the Paradigms were bright, forward, and harsh.

Leon Shing

Grip
I too liked the Original Silvers over the v1 studio60's. The silvers were much more laid back and had great great extension on bass, never in ur face and smooth sounding.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Bruce,

Thats great you don't think the Ref 60's are bright... Alot of people like their sound. They hurt my ears.. fatiguing..

Michael Lomker

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to the S80's versus the Silveri's and bought the PSB's. I've since completed my HT with them and it's great for my space.

I'm always impressed with the amount of bass that they can put out on their own. I was watching U-571 last night and I'm sure the neighbors heard that. I think I'm going to order an SVS 16-46PCi tonight but I suspect it'll get me evicted. =)

I love this stuff.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I preferred PSB's towers and Paradigm's bookshelves (20s/40s). I use 40s + a quality sub (best bang/buck method IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks