What's new

PS2 Mem. Card Help (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
I know its not a Xbox 360 post, so who knows if anyone will even look at it. Here's my question either way:

Well, I finally had some free time tonite so I figured I'd fire up the old ps2 I found under all the dust from when I cleaned. I plugged in a game, and it didn't recognize one of my memory cards which had all my save for that game. i pull out both and look at them, and the chip part at the end you stick into the system looks a little shorter than the working one. Could this be the problem? If so, what caused that and how do I fix it? If not, what is the problem then?

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I don't know the answer, but you might want to change the "PS3" in your post to "PS2".

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Since the card is flash memory, if not handled correctly it could have taken a hit of static electricity somewhere along the line and wiped it clean. This was once a problem with PS1-era memory cards and I doubt Sony bothered to fix it.

Jeff_A_G

Stunt Coordinator
I thought for sure it said ps2 yesterday when I made the post, but I fixed it already. Turns out the little black tab thing that holds the actual chip in place broke and the chip slid just far enough back that it wasn't registering on the ps2. I made a new 'stop' for it with some electrical tape and put it back together and it works perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.