What's new

PS2 DVD player on Samsung DLP (1 Viewer)

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
First off, I'm going to be picking up the Samsung DVI DVD player soon, but in the meantime, I've been playing movies on my PS2. Never noticed how much the quality on the PS2 lacked on the DVD player until I hooked it up to the DLP. The blacks are horrible. Didn't notice till I watched HULK and could hardly tell what was going on in the dark scenes. Watching it during the day? Forget it. I'm hoping this IS the PS2 and the DVI connection on the Samsung will make a huge improvement. How are the black levels on your Samsung DLP's? I have the HLN507W. Is anyone running the DVD-HD931 on their Samsung DLP and very satisfied with the picture quality? Can't wait to push this TV to its fullest potential.

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately no and I didn't even know a version like that existed. Quite a shocker

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
the ps2 has always played dvd-r. Well mine does. It plays dvd-r and dvd+r and i got mine the day it came out.

JimmyJK

Agent
I have used an xbox and a PS2 about 5 months ago to check dvd playback quality I was VERY VERY VERY dissapointed to find otu how truly poor they are.

that is when I for the first time ever ealized that there REALLY is a HUGE difference in DVD players image quality. Apex is also VEYR poor quality image. Like mentioned above its most clear when displaying blacks and noir scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks