Samsung DLP, GameCube and PS2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DonRoeber, May 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I'm looking to buy a Samsung HLN507W DLP TV soon, and was reading the manual. I'd like to connect my progressive scan DVD player to it, as well as my GameCube and PS2, all via component video. My DVD player I'd connect to the jacks that support 480i/480p, but the other two sets of component jacks support 480p/720p/1080i. Can I connect my game systems to those jacks? If not, what are my options?

2. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

I was wondering if you have a reciever with component video switching? You could run the consoles throught that. If not you could always run one of the system through the sets s-video input. Just a thought. Otherwise I don't see why it would be a problem. Is DLP videogame safe from burn-in?

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Yes, my receiver has component switching, two inputs. I guess my question was more about if the systems will work on the 480p/720p/1080i ports. Yes, DPL is safe from burn-in.

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

As long as the inputs accept 480i you'll be fine. No reason why they shouldn't as HDTVs come with some sort of internal line doubler.

5. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

The gamecube will output 480p for nearly all games but each game starts out in 480i untill you tell it to run in progressive mode (hold down B when turning the GC on).

I am not sure about the PS2 - I could have sworn that it could not do progressive scan but I think some of the newer games may be able to do it.

Mark

6. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

I think you only have to do the B-button hold for the GC once. Each time thereafter any progressive scannable game automatically displays in such. The PS2 can handle progressive scan as well, as long as the game is coded for it (Primal and SOCOM are 480p).

7. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

No it still displays in 480i in the very beginning but it will ask you if you want to run in progressive without you having to press B.

Mark