What's new

PS Audio or Brickwall? (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I've been researching power conditioner options for a while now and after looking at Monster and Panamax I've come to PS Audio and Brickwall. I really like these two companies and their use of non-MOV designs. I'm seriously considering the Ultimate Outlet and possibly a Juice Bar from PS Audio or a RM20AUD from Brickwall.
Cost aside I'd like some opinions on which unit would be better. I'd be using this on a dedicated 20a line and connecting my receiver, DVD player, VCR, and TV to it. In the near future I suspect that a Behringer Feedback Destroyer will be added to help tame FR of my room for my SVS. That's 5 outlets that I can think of and I'd like to have some expansion room of 1-3 slots.
I don't have a lot of room in my rack but I could create some space in there for a component sized unit. The fact that the Ultimate Outlet can sit on the floor behind the rack is an attractive option. Brickwall has a unit that sit's on the floor as well but I believe that it's a 15amp unit. I'd like to use a 20a unit on the 20a line.
Pulling cost back from the side :) I'd like to stay around the $400-500 dollar range. I'll go to $600 for the Ultimate Outlet/Juice Bar setup if it's obviously the best option available.
And yes, I'm willing to look at other options from other companies that you might suggest as long as they are based on non-MOV design. ;)
Any recommendations?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Yup, I saw that. But Brickwall has two websites, one with products aimed at audio applications and the other for computers I believe. There's a link on the home page to the audio site. Here's the link. Link Removed .
I assume that there are some differences between the two units, different or superior filtering perhaps?

Jeff PB

Agent
Re: Brick Wall audion units, my understanding is the plugs on the audio units are isolated from each other

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks