What's new

Proof that J6P has entered the realm of Hi-Def (2 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

He not only ordered a HD DVD without bothering to find out if it would play on his player, but he ordered the DVD version and felt ripped off because the other four discs only had more pictures of planet earth just like the first disc. Unf#$#ing believable. This guy is the hayseed's hayseed.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This can't be legitimate. They have to be making these up to be funny. Right...? right....? please...? :crazy:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

After I posted I started thinking that the one I quoted could be a fake. I mean, no one could be that stupid...right? Then I started thinking about the guy I saw bike riding down a hill, on a major four lane artery, with no hands on the handlebars, completely oblivious to the fact that an entire string of cars was bearing down on him. After remembering that, I decided that, yes, there really are people that could be that stupid.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow those comments are pretty bad, lol. You know, people used to always throw out that the HD-DVD name was a pro because it is recognisable but after reading through a couple dozen of the reviews I think it is more of a con now. There were so many people (stupid, but stupid people still have money) that thought it would work in their DVD player, or because they had an HDTV based on the name. Perhaps having a brand new moniker isn't so bad after all.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I used to work for Tower.com (before the new owners laid off everyone a couple months ago) and I couldn't tell you how many times I got calls from people who'd ordered Super Audio CDs expecting them to play on their regular CD players. A lot of customers were completely clueless about PAL and region coded DVDs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks