What's new

Pronto Neo (1 Viewer)

Tom V

Grip
Has anyone tried out the Pronto Neo yet and can tell me how they like it compared to the other models? I want to purchase a new universal remote and have heard good things about the Prontos. I am just not sure how much money I want to spend on one and the NEO seems to be the less expensive one of the three Prontos out there. Also how difficult is it to program one of these remotes? I want to be able to use it without spending months trying to figure out the edit software?

Thanks from Tom V

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
As was stated previously...

THe NEO is not a Pronto, Per se...it's an adapted Marantz controller I think. It doesn't use the same platform to program, like the other Pronto remotes, and it has a smaller screen and some hard buttons.

Don't look to the Neo to fulfill your requirements if you've ever used a real Pronto.

Sam

Tom V

Grip
Hey Sam,

Thanks for the info. I have yet to use a real Pronto, so I was wondering how it might be compared to the other models. I read a couple other threads on here, but didn't see any info so much from people who may have purchased this remote. Thanks again for your info--I might save and go right for one of the real Prontos.

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking for the article I submitted on the Neo the other day and now I can't find it at Remote Central.

Search the forum for a post I typed up in a Neo thread last week or this weekend, and it should answer some questions.

Sam

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

Right now (or at least it was recently) the Neo is an exclusive to circuit city. You can buy a refurbished 1 mb Pronto with warrantee for $150 at several places on line. It's a much better remote with tons more support (graphics etc.). The only advantage to the Neo is the hard cursor buttons but IMHO this doesn't make up for other shortcomings.

Jim L

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Right now (or at least it was recently) the Neo is an exclusive to circuit city.
I just saw a Pronto Neo today at Best Buy. If memory serves the price was either $250 or $299 - ouch! I think the recommendation for a refurbished Pronto is a better idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks