What's new

Pronto 3000 Backlight (1 Viewer)

Tim_S

Stunt Coordinator
I have an old Pronto that is on its way out. So I need a replacement. My first thought was one of the new 3000's but I read over on Remotecentral that the backlight on these things aren't configuralbe. In particular when you press the hard buttons the screen comes on and in general there is no way to adjust the amount of time it stays on. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is till the functionality? That is, has there been a change to this in some recent updates?

Tim

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Tim,
I've been playing with the 3000 recently and it DOES have adjustable backlight delay and adjustable turnoff delay. I think the defaults are 10 sec and 20 sec, respectively, but they can be set to whatever you want.

Tim_S

Stunt Coordinator
Does that include the hard buttons? Does the screen in fact light up when pressing them and can it be set not to?

Thanks for answering my questions. I just don't want to shell out the cash and then find this annoying quirk.

Tim

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
The backlight does come on when you press the hard buttons. I don't know if this is defeatable... I've never tried. I guess I assumed this gizmo is sort of like my Lexicon MC-12... everything is programmable if you want to take the time to figure it out. :)

I'll let you know if I come across any more insight on this.

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
It's not defeatable. On some of the earlier models, the TS1000, the hard buttons didn't turn on the touchscreen. Somewhere along the line they implemented this "feature" and now they're all like that.

Jim L

Tim_S

Stunt Coordinator
That's unfortunate. I decided to buy one anyway so I guess I will see how much it annoys me.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks