Progressive scan Y/Pb/Pr component on projectors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffDm, Jan 26, 2002.

1. JeffDm

JeffDm Auditioning

I would like to get a projector but I want to make sure that it can handle the color difference progressive scan picture, or know how to fix it. I've used the search feature but couldn't find anything solid.

I looked through the manuals for the NEC LT100 and LT150 projectors and they claim that it takes Y/Pb/Pr but no word on whether it will take it in progressive scan in that mode.

Also, what is the recommended cable for connecting the DVD player's RCA component outs to a common VGA style connector? I know some projectors take the Y/Pb/Pr signal through that jack but need a special cable for this.

I selected these two models because of price and features, so similarly priced model recommendations ($2500 and less) would be appreciated if these can't do the trick.

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Jeff-
    The LT150 can handle progressive input through its VGA port, but you need to get a special cable to make this happen. It also has a 16:9 mode through that input, enabling you to view a 480p 16:9 image. I am using an HTPC to run mine, but I am considering getting another player to use for video source material in the future.
    A2zcables.com has been cited as a good source of cables:
    http://www.a2zcables.com/a2zcables.s...View/V213&2D10