What's new

Progressive scan Y/Pb/Pr component on projectors? (1 Viewer)

JeffDm

Auditioning
I would like to get a projector but I want to make sure that it can handle the color difference progressive scan picture, or know how to fix it. I've used the search feature but couldn't find anything solid.

I looked through the manuals for the NEC LT100 and LT150 projectors and they claim that it takes Y/Pb/Pr but no word on whether it will take it in progressive scan in that mode.

Also, what is the recommended cable for connecting the DVD player's RCA component outs to a common VGA style connector? I know some projectors take the Y/Pb/Pr signal through that jack but need a special cable for this.

I selected these two models because of price and features, so similarly priced model recommendations ($2500 and less) would be appreciated if these can't do the trick.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Jeff-
The LT150 can handle progressive input through its VGA port, but you need to get a special cable to make this happen. It also has a 16:9 mode through that input, enabling you to view a 480p 16:9 image. I am using an HTPC to run mine, but I am considering getting another player to use for video source material in the future.
A2zcables.com has been cited as a good source of cables:
http://www.a2zcables.com/a2zcables.s...View/V213&2D10

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks