What's new

Progresive Scan: Blacks turned orange tint (1 Viewer)

ScottJChap

Auditioning
I just bought a Panasonic Widescreen HDTV and hooked up my DVD player with Component cables and set it to progressive scan... Now my problem is that when the DVD is in Progresive mode the black areas on the screen (the top and bottom bars, all true black areas like shadow or when it fades to the next scene) on the screen turn slightly orange (or just not such a deep solid black)

Upon closer look it is not really orange but not complete black, but it is a nice TV and when I turn proressive off the black is solid and vivid

I thought at first it was a TV problem, but it only happens with the DVD player in Progressive mode

is this normal, is there any troubleshooting for this, is this a common problem with low end DVD players?

thanks a lot in advance for any help you can shed on the problem

Scott

ScottJChap

Auditioning
Please if anyone has insight on this, if I don't find out what is wrong (or even IF there is something wrong) I have to call for repairs or bring it back, please give me something

scott

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
ODD?

Is your TV acknowledging or indicating that it is receiving a 480P signal when you switch to progressive scan? try another input maybe?

Since its new I would have a tech come out and look at it.

Rick

ScottJChap

Auditioning
It's only when the DVD is in progressive scan mode with Component cables

It is a strange red tint that is only really visible when there is black on the screen

I wonder if it is the cables, DVD player or TV(I HOPE IT ISN't the TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks