Problems with Vertical Limit Superbit and HK dvd50

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ian B, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Ian B

Ian B Stunt Coordinator

I am having audio drop-off on the dts track of this superbit version through my Harman Kardon dvd50 player. I just returned the movie for another but, the problem persists. I played the dts on a PS2 and a Sony dvd player and there were no drop-offs. Played several other Dts movies and there was no problem with the audio. Could this be a compatability problem between the dvd player and the dvd movie dts audio track? Any suggestions are recommended.

Thanks,

Ian B

2. Robert G

Robert G Stunt Coordinator

Do you have the latest firmware upgrade for your DVD 50? I own the player and love it. However, when I first bought it I had similar problems with DTS tracks. Since the firmware upgrade I have not had any problems. I have not the played the disc in question though.

3. Ian B

Ian B Stunt Coordinator

Before I bought it, I callled HK and told them about the firm upgrade issue and that I was planning on buying it from Croutchfield. They stated since they were a high volume seller and move their merchandise fairly quickly, their inventory should have the newest firm upgrade. I will be calling HK tommorrow and request the upgrade. By the way, I have over 50 DTS titles and only this one has given me audio problems. Other than that, the progressive picture and the audio through the HK AVR-310 is incredible. I went to Circuit Shity today and told them the same story and they said, it is definetly the dvd movie and not the receiver or the DVD50 player. I will try to contact the studio to see if they have more info or are aware of this problem.

Ian B