What's new

Problems with Vertical Limit Superbit and HK dvd50 (1 Viewer)

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
I am having audio drop-off on the dts track of this superbit version through my Harman Kardon dvd50 player. I just returned the movie for another but, the problem persists. I played the dts on a PS2 and a Sony dvd player and there were no drop-offs. Played several other Dts movies and there was no problem with the audio. Could this be a compatability problem between the dvd player and the dvd movie dts audio track? Any suggestions are recommended.

Thanks,

Ian B

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have the latest firmware upgrade for your DVD 50? I own the player and love it. However, when I first bought it I had similar problems with DTS tracks. Since the firmware upgrade I have not had any problems. I have not the played the disc in question though.

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Before I bought it, I callled HK and told them about the firm upgrade issue and that I was planning on buying it from Croutchfield. They stated since they were a high volume seller and move their merchandise fairly quickly, their inventory should have the newest firm upgrade. I will be calling HK tommorrow and request the upgrade. By the way, I have over 50 DTS titles and only this one has given me audio problems. Other than that, the progressive picture and the audio through the HK AVR-310 is incredible. I went to Circuit Shity today and told them the same story and they said, it is definetly the dvd movie and not the receiver or the DVD50 player. I will try to contact the studio to see if they have more info or are aware of this problem.

Ian B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks