What's new

Problem with Onkyo 595 - feedback at loud volumes. Help please!! (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
patriot.gif

Hey all...just recently (in the past few days) my Onkyo 595 has started to give off feedback when i turn the volume to level 46 or higher. it starts off faint, then becomes a loud, high pitched squeal that would likely shatter windows. i've never had a problem with this before and have had the volume up to ~70 many times before.
i have my computer's sound card hooked up via digital coax and a Marantz CC-4000 via digital coax as well. i only get feedback from the computer (for mp3s/dvds); no squeals from the Marantz, even at 70+ volume levels. i havent touched any cables in the last 3 weeks...this just started happening like 2-3 days ago. i did unplug/reconnect the coax cable from the computer yesterday to try and fix it...no help.
anyone know whats wrong?!
patriot.gif

------------------
-Thomas
Click here to visit my webpage.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
You wouldn't happen to have a microphone plugged in to that sound card would ya?
You might be getting feedback from that if your mic is too close to your speakers.
That's one of the only ways that I know of to get the kind of feedback that you are talking about. There may be others, but it sure sounds like this could be the culprit.
Good Luck!
Bryan

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I agree with the previous post... Check the mixer on your computer and make sure any mic or line ins are muted.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
why didn't i think of that?! i should've known! i'm a private dj and i check that all the time when i have gigs. i just installed Roger Wilco (a program that lets people live chat in rooms with a headset) and began using it a few days ago. with the mic unplugged, all my problems vanish...
thanks Bryan!
------------------
-Thomas
Click here to visit my webpage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks