What's new

Problem with Marantz (1 Viewer)

Daniel=L

Auditioning
I owned a marantz sr5300 receiver for 5 months now. Lately, I encountered problems when playing dolby digital and DTS materials. The last time, a loud noise high pitch came out from all of the speakers. This time around, all of the speakers made series a deep bass. It's so annoying. This things happen in the middle of a movie and the noise was so loud I jumped out of my seat. Anybody encountered this problem before? Please help....

Daniel_jons

Auditioning
Hi, I too have the same problem and when talking to the people who repair marantz they say that it's a common problem.

/daniel

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I've had a 5300 and have never had this happen. I'd talk to your dealer. How often does it happen? I would not put my speakers at risk of damage from it if it's faulty, nor should you have to put up with the problem.

Daniel=L

Auditioning
I returned my 5300 early June. It took them 3 months to see what the problem was and was not able to repair it. So, they sent me a refurb unit. This "new" unit works alright.

One thing I noticed with the 5300 is that its not true that it can deliver 90 watts per channel. When my marantz was being serviced, the repair shop loaned me with a very old pioneer integrated amplifier that was rated at 85 watts per channel (two channels only). It sounded a lot louder and clearer than the 5300. Too bad i have to return it to the repair shop.

Also, I recently bought a rotel amp rated at 120 watts per channel (5 channels) and used my marantz as a pre/pro. There was no significant improvement in the volume either. I don't think that the pre-outs in my marantz is able to maximize the power of the amplifier.

I know that i'm sort of stuck with this but if anybody knows something that could be done to the marantz for it to deliver optimum power, i would like to try it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Daniel_jons

Auditioning
What if a faulty unit damages the speakers?
Would it be possible to charge marantz for the problem. However i don't know if my speakers was damaged. they doesen't seem to sound broken. I guess that it would be the tweeter that goes first from that awfull high pitched noise. Do you guys know if my Mordant short speakers are easily broken. ms 908 as front speakers.

I wasn't playing the loudest, but the noise was horrific.
´Now a cant relax when listening. Always listning for some noise that could indicate that the new speakers are broken.

/Daniel

Daniel=L

Auditioning
===================================

Also, I recently bought a rotel amp rated at 120 watts per channel (5 channels) and used my marantz as a pre/pro. There was no significant improvement in the volume either. I don't think that the pre-outs in my marantz is able to maximize the power of the amplifier.

I know that i'm sort of stuck with this but if anybody knows something that could be done to the marantz for it to deliver optimum power, i would like to try it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

====================================

Any suggestions above?? C'mon guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks