What's new

Primal (PS2) - $9.99 @ EbGames.com (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
FYI: EBGames.com has Primal (PS2) for $9.99.

I've never heard a lot of talk about this game, which is a real shame. It's fun Tomb Raider-style game with a stronger emphasis on hand-to-hand combat. Also, it has the best PS2 graphics I've ever seen. If you have a PS2 and can display 16:9 480p, you really owe it to your PS2 to take the $9.99 plunge.

As a sidenote, the main character is voiced by Hudson Leick, the hottie who played Callisto on Xena. ;)

-Dave

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
That link you gave shows $14.99 new and $19.99 preowned? Was it changed or is this a B&M deal only?

Randy

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
This game had a lot going for it: graphics, a dark story, interesting dialogue and characters. The emphasis on exploration and puzzles turned a lot of people off, but this sort of game really appeals to me.

There was only one problem. Technically, a slight problem, but it ruined the game and made it unplayable.

The camera.

It follows the characters so closely that if you are walking up stairs, it actually lurches up and down with each step. If you are walking on ground or walls with any kind of gradation, the camera lurches around. Within minutes you'll be sick to your stomach. It's like watching a bad camcorder video.

What a shame. Otherwise this very good natured title which could have been a real sleeper is ruined by a faulty camera system. Did they have debuggers working on this title who noticed the camera? Who was asleep at the wheel during the quality testing process? Obviously a lot of work was put into this game, but that one simple oversight means I'll never play the title again. :frowning:

Joseph

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
He's dead, Jim. I guess they upped the price to $15, then sold out.

Regarding the camera, steps were really annoying (QC should've caught that!), but they were infrequent and the camera was otherwise fine for me. Having control over the direction and angle of the camera was a major plus.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks