Prices for H/K 320 & 520

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Hey,

I love listening to music so obviously I'm thinking about getting an H/K receiver. For you all that own the 320 or 520, what did you all pay if you don't mind me asking?

One more question, does your 320/520 do the job for HT as well?

Thanks

2. Joseph_Mikhail

Joseph_Mikhail Stunt Coordinator

I got my hk520 from a nearby Circuit City for $699. They usually sell it for $899 but I got the saleguy to knock off $200. You can probably get if for $599 online but I really wanted to buy my receiver from a nearby store just in case I had to return it. I also wanted to get a 5 year service plan from CC.

Turned out to be a good move, I have had to exchange it once already because my center channel was defective. And now the backlight on my remote went out.

3. Bob Friend

Bob Friend Stunt Coordinator

$699 (open box)at Cambridge Soundworks. I tried to get Circuit City to come down to $699, but they wouldn't budge.

4. Joseph_Mikhail

Joseph_Mikhail Stunt Coordinator

Bob-

I found a salesguy that worked the system for me. He did a special order with a couple speakers. I paid for the HK520 and 20% of the speakers. Then he credited back the amount I paid for the speakers to my credit card. He was a sneaky little guy.

5. Scott Pagac

Scott Pagac Stunt Coordinator

I got mine in January for around $650 plus shipping from J&R.

6. ArmenK

ArmenK Stunt Coordinator

www.onecall.com also has the 320 for $499. They are out of stock but should be getting some more this week. Im waiting for mine [​IMG]

7. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

You can get the H/K 520 at Harmonaudio.com for $597. I have included the link below. http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...er=AVR%20520-Z
    The unit might be refurbished. I bought a refurbished H/K CD changer from ubid about 3 years ago and have never had a problem with it and I have put it through many hours of use. Hope this helps.
    Daniel T.

8. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

Onecall for $627 SHIPPED! Patrick helped me out...great CSR.

9. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I got mine from JandR.com for $637 shipped the 3rd week they were out. Fast shipping and they are an authorized dealer. The thing with JandR is that they aren't authorized for internet, but they are for mail order, so call them and order it and you'll have the HK warranty. People seem to confuse mail order with being an authorized online dealer.

10. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

Got mine (the 2nd one) from J&R also, $620 plus shipping. New in the box, w/full mfr warranty. Plus they are local if I have a problem.

The first one was from Harman Audio, but I had to return it due to a defective surround channel.