What's new

Price difference between the PS-1200 and PW-2200 form Paradigm (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
hi,i would like to know what would be the price difference between thoes 2 subwoofers: PS-1200 and PW-2200 (both from Paradigm).
Thanks in advance!

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
the pw2200 list's for 799.00 and the ps1200 list's for619.00, the ps1200 is on its 3rd update{version} the latest version 3 is really a lot stronger than the sub that Tom N tested a while back, I had a version 3 ps1200 at my house and compared it to my pw2200, if you like music with car like bass the ps1200 is stronger than the pw2200, the 2200 is cleaner and plays lower, but you be the judge
Mark

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
hi mark,thanks for your reply.Could you make yourself clearer about the third version of the PS-1200(is it out yet?)And what about the sub that Tom N tested(who is this guy and on which sub has he made a test on?).And finally which one do you suggest me to buy("like to best bang for the buck" considering the fact that the PW-2200 is almost 200$ more than the PS-1200)?
Thanks a bunch in advance!
Later

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Paradigm likes to keep the same model names, but does revisions. The current version of the PS1200 is the 3rd revision. The Monitor series is also now on version 3.
Tom Nousaine is a very well known and respected reviewer who has done a lot of work with subwoofers.
Here is a list of TN data compiled by Tom Vodhanel a while ago:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=nousaine+list
The PS1200 and likely the PW2200 have both had some changes since TN tested them.
The PS1200 is a bandpass design. The PW2200 is a bass reflex design. According to Mark the latest version of the PS1200 has managed to get its passband up to levels that will outgun the PW2200. But the PW2200 sounds better and will play lower. I would personally never buy a bandpass sub. To my knowledge no one has made a bandpass sub that has great sound quality.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
Words out of my mouth, Dustin knows more about subs than most people on this board, well from my own demo with the subs, the ps1200 has come a long way, if you listen to music such as rap, techno, rock, and you like the bass to sound a little bit on the dirty side{most rap and rock sound this way at concerts anyway}then buy the ps1200, if you listen to home theatre and or classical music then buy the pw2200, it plays a little cleaner and a little lower, the ps1200 had more slam to it than the pw2200, if you buy at a quality sound shop they will let you bring them home to try out, I ended up buying two of the pw2200's, for the money I could of had dustin build me some subs that would do a lot better, but hey I love to spend money!
and by the way if you look at the serial # on the ps1200 it will have the version # in with it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks