What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Predator has a very special place in my heart. I love the film. I love everything about it and can watch it once or twice a year with the same engagement and thrill as if it were my first time. And I know I am not alone. There are legions of fans who share an equal sense of admiration and love for Predator (though we all have varying levels of love and appreciation for the sequels so far). Its flaws and one-liners are part of its charm, but it’s a thrilling action picture that has stood the test of time, elevating a solid piece of ‘genre’ filmmaking into classic status. And a classic it most certainly is.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
This film was originally released with mono surrounds and every dvd has just slightly stereoized said rear. Atmos probably isn't an option.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
This film was originally released with mono surrounds and every dvd has just slightly stereoized said rear. Atmos probably isn't an option.

I suspect you are right.

I was thinking back to when I watched this film on a loop. The VHS days back in England. I wish I could remember what that release looked like. I do remember putting a cheap cassette tape recorder up to the TV speaker to record Alan Silvestri's end credits. When I listen to the soundtrack today (either the Varese Sarabande or the Intrada expanded release), I do sometimes miss the fading sounds of the onscreen helicopters that always came with that home made recording I made :)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I found an image of the VHS edition I'm pretty sure was my first exposure to the film (I found this image on Dread Central).
Predator-VHS-1.jpg

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It had a 70mm blowup release back in the eighties, that mix would have been 6 channel and could hsve been used as a source for the blu ray and UHD editions.
Two of those channels are mono LFE clones. Mix is actually 4.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks