What's new

Pre-Wiring help needed please (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
I've been trying to research this but have just ended up confused about what kind of cable to get, and where to get it. I need to just settle on an answer for some cable and order it. At the store they tell me to get Monster Cable, but it is really expensive and some people say I could do better for cheaper, so that's what I'm looking for. So, do I got with Bettercables.com Bluejeanscables.com or something I saw referred to at ac4l.com?

What guage do I look for, or what specifics for the wire I buy?

What kinds of ends do I need to connect the cables to the speakers and the receiver?

What kinds of crimping tools (if any) will I need?

I have more questions about how to wire it, but the first thing I probably need is to get the wire on the way to me. I think I need about 100'. Please help, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
This is what I'm using for my speakers wire:

HD 14 gauge speaker wire
RCA Subwoofer cable (length is up to you)
Since my speakers are able to use banana plug, I got myself 3 banana plugs for the center and 2 mains.

You'll need a wire stripper (I think that's what it calls) or you can use a knife carefully to strip the rubber off the wire. That's all. Good luck!

Alex,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks