What's new

Pre-ordering new release DVD's in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Any ideas where one can pre-order new and often not yet released DVD's in the Toronto area? GTA? Durham?

In particular I'm curious about the upcoming new Mad Max DVD, the Twin Peaks first season box set, the new Tron DVD and Buckaroo Bonzai etc (please excuse if mispelled!). Where can I pre-order these things in Ontario??

Future shop looks ok, but there's a catch. I don't want to order over the internet because they'll ship to me and the store is like 5 or 6 km's away! I don't want to pay for nothing. I could almost walk there! I found Mad Max and Tron, but no Buckaroo or Twin Peaks TV show yet. Any ideas for other places?

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I would second the DVDboxoffice.com option. They don't always have all the titles I would like to preorder, and sometimes need a little bit of a prompting/reminder to include rarer titles in thier catalog.
Thier prices always include shipping, but can still be a wee bit on the pricy side, but no where near as bad as Chapters/indigo is now.
I just picked up the new Doctor Who collection form my local Future Shop for 34.99. HMV.com wanted $42 for it, and Chapters/indigo wanted 70!.
oh, HMV.com often allows you to preorder a selection of titles, often only "big names" though. Depending on how popular the title is, DVDboxoffice will ship so it arrives on the street date, HMV has been shipping so it arrives on street date for some time now, it seems to me.
If you live in the TO area, just call up HMV's flagship location and reserve/order a copy of what you want. They have the best selection of discs, and if you don't see it there, check out Tower down the street.

If you are willing to come into the city you might give Bay Street Video a call. They are on Bay just south of Bloor. They have the largest collection of DVDs in Toronto and I believe that they will reserve copies. The number is 416-964-9088.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Chris - another option is nearby at the Pickering Flea Market. There is a booth there with a large selection of DVDs. The vendor also owns a store in Richmond Hill - DVDWave. He accepts pre-orders and usually has new titles the weekend before they street. His name is Michel. I believe they are in Row "I".

Rob T

Screenwriter
I ordered The Crow: SE from DVDBoxofice.com a few months ago and while it was sort of expensive, they were fairly quick to deliver it. :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool ideas. I'll check it out. I found something I bookmarked a while back and its fairly useful:
Link Removed
DVDWave and Bay Street Video sound interesting. I bought a few DVD's at CD Replay downtown. They are ok, nothing special, but they do have used DVD's, which is kinda cool too. Their discount program is annoying. They have a discount thing, but you have to buy way too much before getting the 10% off! Whoopee!
Does anybody know if you can pre-order from Future Shop and pick it up at the store? I might go there and check it out.
Also, where can you pre-order Twin Peaks? Its kinda pricy! those Twin Peaks LD collections are looking pretty good. of course, if I went looking for those, I'd be bid into insane land anyways.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Canadian stores don't seem to have the heads up for the upcoming Twin Peaks release. Where is this available in Canada????

Dave Malo

Agent
Chris
Try Entertainment Warehouse website www.dvd-plus.com. They are located in mississauga. They also sell used DVD's but you cannot buy them through the website, you have to go to the store.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks