What's new

Pre-2000 Catalog On UHD (4K) Blu - A Comprehensive List (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Per TheDigitalBits:

The Doors (1991) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Lionsgate July 2019.

A2BE664D-1B8A-41D2-8297-147677F82F16.jpeg

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
2641FE7A-2CA8-4730-B6E8-5738CB6B4DC4.jpeg
Per @Bryan^H on HTF:

Still a rumor but a strong one.

The Shining (1980): coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray sometime in October 2019.

@Bryan^H ’s post:
========================
It looks like The Shining is coming to 4K BD this October. The news has been leaked by a couple sites Italian, and German.
https://www.4kfilme.de/stephen-king-shining-4k-blu-ray-remaster/
I can't wait.

View attachment 56744

Confirmed for October 1st, 2019. Steelbook version also being offered thru Best Buy.

YANG

Screenwriter
...However, there might be a chance for a Top Gun 4K disc, because of the latest Tom Cruise spectacle in the pipeline.
I can understand the possibility of the release tie in with theatrical release of the upcoming sequel... I hope that Paramount would consider pulling out the other one and only Tony Scott film made with Paramount to ride along with Tom Cruise heat as well.
On the audio visual remaster of Days of Thunder, height surround activity in Atmos may not help much in sonic experience, DDEX7.1 or dtsES could... Probably gives the old track an enveloping improvement. Visual wise, hopefully HDR could give those race car decos a boost in vibrancy, as well as compensation to skin tones of the characters in this modern age.

YANG

Screenwriter
Paramount seems to be a bit slow on giving their catalogued titles 4k remaster release like Fox conservatively do, when compared to Warner and Universal.
I am now spinning my first edition region 1 DVD FaceOff, and PayCheck both release by Paramount, though the latter was made after Y2k.
Yep... It's John Woo's weekend today.

On Face/Off.
Should there be a UHDBD plan for F/O the sonic n visual experience could be a hit with HT buffs world wide.
Sonically, be it Atmos or dtsX jet runway fly arounds, prison escape, penthouse shootouts, church confrontation, sea chase action scenes... Man! What an impact!!!
Visually... While the movie brightness may get heightened, i'm concerned that such "light up" could destroy the somber and gloomy emotion that blends with the movie initially well...

On Paycheck.
Sonically, there wasn't much aerial stunts or flybys in the film. Most of the actions are "happening" around the audience, hence DDEX or DTSES should be sufficient to heightened the effects and impacts of the actions.
Visually, except on the boost on colors and dynamic range, hopefully 4k remaster could give the picture a cleanup in Fidelity.

Well... Those are just my wishes n suggestions.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
20190522_100912a.jpg

A 4K library in progress!

4K UHD Blu-ray titles I am planning on adding soon!

The Doors
The Shinning
Waterworld
Stand By Me
Labyrinth
The Natural
Karate Kid
Forrest Gump
Field Of Dreams
Godzilla
Batman (Quadrilogy)
The Fog
Toy Story
Apocalypse Now
Rambo lll
Mission Impossible Box Set

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
View attachment 59385

The Doors
The Shinning
Waterworld
Stand By Me
Labyrinth
The Natural
Karate Kid
Forrest Gump
Field Of Dreams
Godzilla
Batman (Quadrilogy)
The Fog
Toy Story
Apocalypse Now
Rambo lll

Batman and mission impossible are on my list too!!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

The Doors
The Shinning
Waterworld
Stand By Me
Labyrinth
The Natural
Karate Kid
Forrest Gump
Field Of Dreams
Godzilla
Batman (Quadrilogy)
The Fog
Toy Story
Apocalypse Now
Rambo lll

From your above list, I plan on eventually adding The Doors, The Shining, The Natural, the first two Batman films, the Toy Story trilogy, and Apocalypse Now.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Nice collection. I have about 25, with a few on the buy list including Stand by Me.

Thank you

My collection includes 90 UHD 4K discs after over two years with the format. I have actually been buying more 4K digital versions via iTunes lately.

I have picked up a number of 4K titles on iTunes as well after buying the 4K Apple TV. But after I get my new Klipsch RC-64 lll center channel speaker I am going to get a bunch of 4K UHD blu-rays.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The Wizard Of Oz (1939) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Warner Bros Home Entertainment On October 29th, 2019.

This release has the distinction of now being the oldest film title to be released onto UHD (4K) Blu-ray.

3D669AA9-BD49-4FE0-9AE3-3DCC0D79C33F.jpeg

Photo credit: The Digital Bits (the digitalbits.com).

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Beverly Hills Cop (1985) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Paramount January 2020 (as part of the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection).

Beverly Hills Cop 2 (1987) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Paramount January 2020 (as part of the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection).

Beverly Hills Cop 3 (1994) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Paramount January 2020 (as part of the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection).

D2F51F52-04E9-46A8-A7FE-8DBDA0166A71.jpeg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Beverly Hills Cop (1985) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Paramount January 2020 (as part of the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection).

Beverly Hills Cop 2 (1987) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Paramount January 2020 (as part of the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection).

Beverly Hills Cop 3 (1994) coming to UHD (4K) Blu-ray from Paramount January 2020 (as part of the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Movie Collection).

View attachment 64601

actually the 4k versions are digital only.

paramount needs to start offering the option on 4k UHd Blu ray discs. Even if it’s an exclusive somewhere....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks