What's new

Pre-2000 Catalog On UHD (4K) Blu - A Comprehensive List (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Mentioned earlier, confirmed available.

Die Hard (1988) available on UHD Blu-ray.

397E3030-7BB0-4CB3-B4F0-EFDF1554B8F0.png

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Indeed. It also has an uptick in detail and no revisionist grading or excessive grain reduction. I would hope that we will see more releases like this one in the future.

For people who are unsure in which way UHD releases differ from normal Blu-ray releases I suggest to have a look at caps-a-holic. It put me off a rather substantial number of UHD releases that changed the look and texture of a movie to a degree that is not consistent with respecting ists non-HDR origins. I happen to think that this is wrong way to go. It also shows that a studio like Sony has released some exceptionally well made examples of older catalog titles on UHD Blu-ray - if UHD is done like that count me in.

HOWARDS END is also egregiously cropped on all four sides of the image. I, for one, DO NOT hope there are more releases like this one in the future.

Vincent

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
OK folks, I'll be going thru @titch list here to give each entry a proper listing on this thread, starting from the top, two at a time.
=================================================================================================

Bridge On The River Kwai (1957) now available on UHD (4K) Blu-ray (released October 2017):

BridgeOnRiverKwai_4K.jpg

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) now available on UHD (4K) Blu-ray (released October 2017)

BramStokersDracula_4K.jpg

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks