What's new

Powered Subwoofer connection (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Hi,

I have a powered SUB-250 from SWAN.

The sub-woofer has two different inputs it supports as described below

1) Input one is from the "Pre-Amp" and contains two jacks (RCA type) labeled Left and Right

2) Input two is from the "AMP" and contains two jacks (banana/speaker type) labeled High and Level

My receiver is a HK7200

It contains one output labeled for the subwoofer.

The output is only one jack (RCA type) and is described as follows:

Subwoofer Output - Connect this output to the line level input of a powered subwoofer. If an external sub woofer amplifier is used, connect this jack to the subwoofer amplifier input

What is throwing me off is that the subwoofer contains two jacks for each input and the receiver only contains one jack for the output. I don't know how to connect?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andy

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
you'll want to use the line level (rca) inputs on the amp. you can get a splitter to attach the single cable from the amp to both rca inputs of the amp or you can attach it to just 1 chanel. one input may be marked as "mono". the sub output from the amp is mono anyways.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Thank you for the information!

The unit is not marked in terms of mono.

Does anyone if there is a standard in terms of whether Left or Right can be the mono input? I am going to contact the manufacturer as well.

Andy

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
it shouldn't really matter which one you use. you may get a boost in output if you use the splitter and run it to both rca inputs.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Darren. Either left or right will work, I've tried them both. Not sure I'd even bother with a splitter. I don't think you'll really gain any additional output that you could not have gotten other ways such as turning up the amp on the woofer or adjusting the subwoofer volume level at the receiver. You still end up at the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks