What's new

Power Rangers DVD coming! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!
Despite the release date of 4/1/2003, this is NOT an April Fools Joke! DVDEmpire and DVDPlanet are listing The Ultimate Rangers: The Best Of The Power Rangers, a DVD described by the latter this way:
These are the earth-shattering episodes that Power Rangers fans voted #1...the episodes that explode with action and turbo-powered adventure as the Power Rangers face off against the most diabolical forces of evil and destruction in this world and beyond.
A discussion is in progress at Power Rangers Central, an unofficial fan-driven site. The best information they've come up with so far is that one of the episodes will be "Forever Red", a recent Wild Force episode featuring all 10 Red Rangers ever!
There's no telling yet what will end up on this disc for sure, but my 4-year-old is going to be in heaven when this one hits stores.
Again, street date is Tuesday, April 1, 2003. SRP is $19.99, and running time is listed as 168 minutes.
MAY THE POWER PROTECT YOU!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Embarrased? :)
For those of you secret Ranger fans who missed the spectacle of "Forever Red" a couple of weeks ago, here is a couple of screen shots:

Left to right:
  1. Aurico (Alien)
  2. Carter (Lightspeed Rescue)
  3. Eric (Time Force: Quantum Ranger)
  4. Tommy (Zeo)
  5. Cole (Wild Force)
  6. Jason (Morphin')
  7. Andros (Space)
  8. Wes (Time Force)
  9. TJ (Turbo)
  10. Leo (Lost Galaxy)
I must have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much free time on my hands! :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Looks like they are all in there. I only watched the first 3 shows and then got out of it but from the commercials i can tell the others were on there

capt

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave, did they get all the original actors to portray themselfs?
Yep! They all played themselVEs. :)
The morphing sequences were pretty much stock footage from back in the day. So it was interesting that for just a second Jason and Tommy looked significantly younger then they had in the rest of the episode! :laugh:
Oh, Bulk and Skull also made a cameo, as did Alpha (I think it was Alpha 6, not Alpha 5, but I wasn't paying strict attention).

Dustin D

Stunt Coordinator
This is so funny, I was just talking about Power Rangers with some friends at a party last night. We were laughing about the noises the putties made, and my friend Ellen astounded me with her knowledge of trivia on the subject. I must admit it would be a hoot to see some of the old episodes, but I haven't watched anything recently.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Has it said yet which episodes are going to be on it. I stoped watching it after it went to zeo, but if there's enough of the original series on it I may get it.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about you, but I would "secretly" buy season box sets of the first few seasons of Power Rangers (I stopped watching after Turbo) and the whole series of VR Troopers (what, like two seasons?).
God, I can't believe I just admitted that. :)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I just wasted like an hour at that MMPR site. I used to watch this show in secret (I was in 7th grade during season 1). I watched the first two seasons but then stopped. The "mythology" has always interested me, though. For the right price, I would certainly buy boxes of at least the seasons with Kimberly as the pink ranger.

Brenton

Screenwriter
If it was in season sets, I would buy the first one or two seasons. I loved the early seasons when I was in like third grade, but, in my opinion, it started sucking after deviating too far from the original premise.

If it has enough Season One episodes, I may consider buying this.

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering for a while when Jason, Zack, and Trini were going to come back from the Peace Summit in Switzerland :b
Then I realized they weren't coming back :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I never watched this when it first aired. I was like, in college. I recall that, after I moved to Memphis, that I had a friend whose nephew was getting in trouble at school for doing karate on the other kids. He was imitating the Rangers, natch.
I started watching the whole thing when my boy discovered Lightspeed Rescue during its debut. He wanted to watch it when it wasn't scheduled to be on, there were no tapes of LSR yet, so I bought tapes of MMPR, and later of PRiS, PRLG, and the two films. Then I got some d/l's from the net. And LOTS of toys, both new and "Power Playback" (all the old series...he loves his morph-spin set of Zeo action figures!).
From this perspective, for those of you who said you "left after it changed to Turbo", all I can say is you should have only skipped *that* season. If you had returned when it all changed to PR in Space, you would have enjoyed it continuously thereafter. LG, LSR, and TF were all great. WF hasn't been as good, but it's had it's moments.
Where are they now? At least the cute ones from Morphin', eh? Well, "Trini" died a couple of years ago in a traffic accident in LA. Ironically, she should have been wearing her safety belt; it's said she would have survived the accident. "Kimberly", on the other hand, has a burgeoning music career. You can buy her CD via her website! I strongly recommend to check out the "gallery". Especially the next-to-last pic in Gallery 2! :b

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually Go-Ranger was "Power Rangers Zeo" The original "Mighty Morphin" was ZyuRanger (BTW: In ZyuRanger "Goldar" guts the Green Ranger like a fish. Guess why Tommy lost his powers?)

Jeff "Friend's a Sentai freak" Kleist

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If anyone's interested in the details of this item, I just got the press release and loaded up all the info here!
The episodes are close to what I expected (I picked 3 of the 5 storylines!).

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I urge you to go to the website David Lambert posted. The gallery is amazing. I always thought she was hot.... When did she leave the series? I watched the show nonstop but don't think that I finished Zeo and haven't watched since....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks