What's new

Power Rangers DVD coming! (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Looking at what the episodes are, I wouldn't care to get this. I hope that there's eventually complete season sets for the first few seasons.

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, that got all of the ten Red Ranger actors to return. The best were Tommy & Jason.

I was always too old for Power Rangers but still loved it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
How aboutthe original Japanese episodes in OSL? They have the rights, especially considering that Saban co-finances the Super Sentai shows to up the FX budget for Power Rangers

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
ohhh White Light, that has to be when they introduced the White Ranger (since it was a two parter). I remember very clearly the huge tension waiting for the next season to start so we could find out who the new Ranger was. I also remember the near fights over whether it was Tommy or not (me and my best friend were very into the show). Unfortunately it looks like there won't be any shows with the original zords, just the new animal ones they got after the megazord was destroyed. Or am I misremembering?

bah :p

Adam

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I think you're misremembering, but not by much. :) I'll leave the history stuff up to websites like Power Rangers Central, though. Here, however, is a recap of the episodes on this disc:
"White Light" is the one where Tommy became the White Ranger. This was already after the Dinozords had been upgraded to the Thunderzords (the Tyranosaur would morph into the Red Dragon, etc.)...but they hadn't been destroyed, just upgraded to better fight Lord Zedd. You get a glimpse of each original zord as the Thunderzords are called into action. I know this; my son watches the VHS version ("Power Playback: White Ranger Adventure") constantly!
"Countdown to Destruction", which I have d/l's of only, didn't have much zord use in it, IIRC. A definate departure for the Rangers! It was the end of the Power Rangers In Space, with Zordon captured at at the mercy of Astronema, who has plotted to take command from Dark Specter forever, and now may get her wish in a very unexpected way. Meanwhile, the forces of evil from all previous incarnations of the show (Rita, Zedd, Rito, Machine Empire, Divatox, etc.) are plundering the galaxy at will, while the Space Rangers are in retreat. Who will stand up to the evil tide? Will Bulk and Skull be heros? Will the secret of the Rangers' identity be let out? Will the ultimate bastion of good make the ultimate sacrifice? And what is the fate of the Red Ranger's sister, the evil Astronema? :eek: Whoa, lots going on in this one!
I've never seen "To The Tenth Power" myself, but it is the first teamup between groups from two different versions of the show: Lost Galaxy Rangers are teaming up with the previous group, the Space Rangers. This story is the sequel to the Space Ranger VHS that's currently in stores, which features the Psycho Ranger villan group.
"Trakeena's Revenge" is the Galaxy/Lightspeed teamup that was first seen as a McDonald's giveaway called "Power Rangers 3-D", which was later broadcast during Lightspeed Rescue season 2, and later after that sold separately in stores in the same VHS package that McDonald's gave away. This one introduced the Omega Megazord.
"Forever Red" is the episode of Wild Force that just aired a couple of weeks ago, featuring all 10 Red Rangers ever, which I referenced above (with the screen shots). The only zord in it is Zedd's old zord, Serpentera (sic?), which was seen in at least one episode of MMPR (which I've never caught), but I don't think was a regular thing, exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks