What's new

POTA DTS sound drop out (1 Viewer)

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I experienced dropouts at 3 different times on my Toshiba SD-2200 when using the DTS track. Each time I reversed to a point prior to the dropout and I didn't experience the dropout again at that spot. Very annoying. :frowning:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
No recurring drop-outs on the Sony 9000ES/Yamaha DSP-A1 combo, however the layer switch was indeed jarring.

- Steve

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I had read somewhere that the dts drop out problem had something to do with a specific decoder used in certain recievers and/or pre/pros. I have had drop outs on dts material on almost any disc I play- but it doesn't seem to affect music discs like it does movies. Perhaps it is this "seemless branching"???

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I had problems with Sony, and Tecnics recievers, but never one dropout on dvd with Denon......

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I watched it yesterday and noticed no dropouts on the DTS track.

In fact I found out that my old Toshiba passes the DTS signal right to my receiver despite the fact that the player isn't supposed to be able to pass a DTS signal.

The DTS certainly does sound better than AC-3 in this case anyway.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I had several dropouts on the DTS track on my Toshiba 2109. Of course I have those same dropouts and pops when watching the DTS track on T2:UE.

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the responses. I was hoping it was a bad disc - at least then I could exchange it for one with a flawless dts track.

If you had drop outs, are you using optical or coaxial for your connection?

Thanks,

Aaron

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
As mentioned earlier, I experienced dropouts at 3 different times on my Toshiba SD-2200 when using the DTS track. I'm using an optical connection.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
No problems on my Panasonic RV80 using optical. That layer change was pretty bad!

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Just remember, thoughs of you who have Onkyo and Integra DD/DTS recievers will get drop outs on DTS if you have your Re-Eq engaged!

No Drop outs with My 2700 Toshiba and Pioneer VSXd709s.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
No dropouts on my Toshiba SD4700/Onkyo 797 combo. I was using a digital coax connection. I did have dropouts on Jurassic Park DTS when i first got the player and was using an optical connection. Switched to coax and never got a dropout again. I was using the Marantz SR7200 at the time for a receiver and some people have had dropout problems with that unit. So i don't know if it was the 4700 or the Marantz receiver.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Could it be the POTA disc's DTS track that is giving such drop-outs instead of the players ?

I have a Pioneer/Onkyo combination and always engaged the

RE-Q mode on the Receiver. Never experienced any drop-outs

with DTS or DD tracks. I use Monster Digital co-axial cable

but not optical coz its fragile !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks