What's new

Posting this again cause i got no response! (1 Viewer)

HongHuynh

Agent
What are your guys experiences/opinions of Quest QT66 Floor Speakers? The reviews on future shop's website are all good but the guys reviewing are probably like me (know nothing).

Secondly (this should be in the receivers forum but...), what are your experiences/opinions of the JVC RX-6030VBK Home Theatre Receiver? Again...the reviews are great, but....

If you haven't guessed, I'm looking for something good but on a tight budget. Any suggestions if the above are no good?

Thanks.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
All I can say is you get what you pay for. Most of those reviews will be from people that probably don't know jack about speakers or what is good sound. For sure it will beat the audio coming from tv speakers, but once you hear something else it will leave you wanting more. To help us answer your question what kind of $$$ are we looking at?

Kevin

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
If you just want SOUND, they'll do fine.
If you want GOOD sound, look elsewhere.

I dont like reading users reviews, coz I find they're very inaccurate (esp from FutureShop's user reviews). Either they give them superb reviews (usually coz they havent heard anything better before) or horrible reviews (when something goes wrong, they WILL voice their experience in rage :p) )

My friend has a quest HT speaker system. Ill just say they do what they're designed to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lev-S

Second Unit
Quest is manufactured by JBL. They are actually decent considering their price. Better than Bose anyway.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't waste a penny on them.

DON't listen to the reviews. I tried to comment on the Bose 601s(saying there were better choices in thesame store), and commenting on the X1(regarding the rainbow problem, but still explaining how good a projector this is) and NEITHER of the reviews met there "criteria"

Brent

HongHuynh

Agent
Ok well, my budget is basically under a thousand (this includes receiver, speakers, and if possible a sub). I know this is not really going to get me much. What I want is good sound for movies, music, and tv...theatre quality would be nice but not a necessity.

So you guys are saying Quest is not good then? What would be "good" in the price limit that I stated above?

BTW, thanks for the replies.

Oh yeah, how about home theater in a box? Are any of those good?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Kenwood makes a good one. Where are you located? I would suggest you look at places that offer buy now pay later programs if you can afford say $100mth. That way you could take your budget up a notch and get a better setup. EHR in Hamilton has a 14mth no interest no payment that worked well for me.

Kevin

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
hong i have fluance speakers and a onkyo 601 referb(ecost.com320$) for about 600 + shipping. i have few buck left for a sub now. my fluance sound really good. i use them for music and ht.
you do need sub. you will not get that low end bass. but they are nice. i bought the separates(av-f5,av-sc,av-bp2).
take a look at them. :emoji_thumbsup:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Pick up an Athen Micro system and the reciver of your choice.

I'd look at the really low end Denon. I'm not too sure, but they should have an Receiver around the $400 dollar range. It will still have DD and DTS, but just not all the bellls and whistles.

It will match well with the Athena system

Right around a $1000 I think.

Brent

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
HongHuynh,

Just saw in todays Best Buy flyer that they have Infinity Primius 250 for $399($300 off). You may want to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks