What's new

POSSIBLE NINJA TURTLES SP.ED. DVD-NEW LINE REPLIES!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Nope, that was a thread on thetechnodrome.com . Supposedly the original draft meant a more terrible fate for April at the begining of the film than a mere mugging, and other more uses of the weapons of the turtles later in the film, but I don't think it got passed script stage, thankfully.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I dunno, Neil. All the "get her purse, I got her watch!" stuff is obviously ADR'd and you never see the thugs actually say it. I'm pretty sure it was added as an afterthought to tone down the scene. In the scene as originally shot, the thugs were somewhat less financially motivated, if you get my drift. I used to have a comic book adaptation that had the original dialouge, and it went something like this:

THUG1: Bad timing, babe.

THUG2: Yeah, REAL bad...

APRIL: I......I have some money........

THUG1: Thanks for letting us know......we'll be sure to take it......after....

THUG2: Yeah......AFTER......

I'm sure that even an implied attempted rape would not have gone over very well with the parents taking their second graders to see the film, so it was changed to a mugging. The other major cut wat just after Tatsu greets Shredder and rolls his cape back, he then gestures to some kids across the warehouse.......and then there's a jarring jump cut to Shredder awarding the symbol to one of the foot. The foot soliders in the distance were being punished for their failed attack on April in the subway. They were made to attack Shredder one by one, and he delivered one pretty good cut to each of them. I don't know if this scene was actually shot, but the strange cut in the movie seems to suggest that it was, and that it too was cut at the last minute to appease sensitive parents.

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
NeilV and Stephen,

There was a deleted scene in the first film where the turtles took a photo in an automatic photo booth, where the filmstrip of four pics came out and they looked at it.
I have the actual filmstrip prop. Got it from the propmaster from the first film.

I would like to see any deleted scenes that had been shot or edited for the young ones.

I'm curious if Steve Barron ever had an idea for a pg-13 or higher director's cut. Would be interesting to see or have both for a special edition DVD:cool: Wouldn't mind a boxed set of all three with better transfers and extras.

Contact New Line at the address above and let them know you want these!:)

Thanks,
ERICKA

P.S. NeilV, wish you had that radio program back!

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie

you might be able to ask for donations to keep tmnt radio running then make it a 80s 90s cartoon radio station

that talks about the original turtles cartoons ect

ok im gonna get back on topic now lol

i like the second movie better then the first one cause theres no bad language

but in one scene i swear i heard one of the turtles say shit did anyone else hear it

John*D

Second Unit
I have the trilogy box set, but I'd sell it if they did a NEW LINE PLANTIUM SERIES trilogy release. I want SE's of all three films. Sure the first one is the best, but it would be lame if that is the only one they redid.

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
JohnD,

I agree. I would sell all three of my current discs to get 2 disc special editions of all 3 movies!

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,
Thanks for posting that info! Very cool:cool: I hope New Line will read your post. I heard there were action scenes that were more like the original comic that were also cut for the children's audience.

Thanks,
ERICKA

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
NEIL-V,

Cool site you have! Any replies on your threads yet?

To those of you who are reading this: WRITE NEW LINE AT THE ADDRESS AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT A NEW TRANSFER OF THIS FILM FOR DVD AND HD-DVD/BLURAY! IT CAN WORK!!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

COWABUNGA,
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

ERICKA

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I love that poster. I had it as a kid. :) I don't think I have watched this in years..Gonna have to change that tonight!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Are there any GOOD Henson costumes in existance? The one a friend saw at Planet Hollywood was sadly in pretty bad shape and hung on the ceiling so bad it was making it worse....

It would be cool to have a new hi res shot of the turtles and shredder. Sadly we can't get one of Turco and Casey because of their agedness :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Speaking of the picture quality, is that grain SUPPOSED to be there? It's almost as if it was thrown in as ain after thought to cover up some bad special effect or something. It's most noteable during the Foot Fight scenes at the end where mike says 'I love being a turtle'..

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie
my favorite character in the first two movies is splinter

but then they changed him and gave him a new voice in the third movie why did they do that

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
NeilV,
I remember the film having that grain when I saw it in the theaters. The original LIVE home video transfer had that same graininess. I would really like to see a new transfer that is cleaner, less dark and shows more detail.

I'm glad New Line is considering a remaster. I hope they go through with it.
Has anyone else heard back from NL yet? If not, keep writing!! :)

Later,
ERICKA

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Personally, I don't mind the grain, particularly if it was within the film as intended. The dark style of cinematography is also something I enjoy...

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
Stephanie,

I agree, I still think the transfer could look better. I hope New Line will take advantage of the new CGI movie and give this classic the royal treatment it deserves. The 1997 transfer was leaps and bounds over the old VHS /laserdisc. I'm sure a new transfer would make it look awesome for DVD, HD-DVD and Bluray.

I found this post at:

http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=35

Earlier this month Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creator Peter Laird made an interesting posting in his Blast From The Past online column.

Laird related a meeting he had several weeks prior with Steve Barron. Barron directed the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and is set to direct a live-action mini-series in the near future.

Barron showed Laird a tape he had of the rough-cut of the original movie which started the pair talking. "It is VERY rough," Laird said of the tape. "There are a few scenes missing (not many, though), there's no music, no finished sound or voices (curiously, in many of the turtle speaking scenes you can hear two voices - the actor in the turtle suit and the puppeteer -- speaking the same lines simultaneously!).

Laird continues, "What there IS, though, is some neat stuff that never made it into the final released cut of the film, including several fairly long scenes -- one of which is the comic publisher's office scene intended as the ending of the movie, from which I had only seen one still (I was never sure if the whole scene had been shot). There is also a wonderful extended training scene when the turtles are recuperating at the old farm, as well as many other character bits and pieces which got trimmed."

What comes next is the exciting part. "I asked Steve if he would be willing to work on a director's cut version of the film for a DVD release, and he said, 'Sure!' Whether or not the film still exists to use for a project like this, I don't know. But it sure would be cool! Maybe it's time to start bugging New Line"
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

So, a new, special edition DVD of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie may be in the cards for fans. It appears Steve Barron is interested in being involved!!! :cool:

Visit NinjaTurtles.com and let them know you're interested. WRITE NEW LINE AT THE ADDRESS AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT TO BUY A SPECIAL EDITION OF TMNT-THE ORIGINAL MOVIE DVD!!!::emoji_thumbsup:

Later,
ERICKA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks