What's new

POSSIBLE NINJA TURTLES SP.ED. DVD-NEW LINE REPLIES!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
I just received a reply letter from Stephen Einhorn, president of NEW LINE HOME ENTERTAINMENT regarding a new NINJA TURTLES-THE ORIGINAL MOVIE (1990) special edition DVD! It looks promising! His reply:

"Thank you for your recent letter and suggestions regarding a special edition of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES.

In light of the new TURTLES film to be released next year, WE ARE IN FACT EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITY OF AN IMPROVED TRANSFER AND BONUS MATERIALS. The complicated part of assessing these considerations is the cost factor, which could require us to raise the price of a new version of the film in a demographic that is extremely price sensitive. Thank you again for your feedback and concern."

WRITE NEW LINE A PAPER LETTER , CALL THEM TOO, AND LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY EXTRA FOR A SPARKLING NEW TRANSFER AND EXTRAS! With the new film coming out, THIS IS OUR BEST CHANCE TO GET THE ULTIMATE EDITION OF THIS FILM FOR DVD AND HD-DVD/BLURAY!!

The address (updated) is:

STEPHEN EINHORN
PRESIDENT-NEW LINE HOME VIDEO
888 SEVENTH AVE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK

PHONE # (212)649-4950

LET'S DO THIS,FOLKS! IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!
ERICKA

My original letter reads as follows:
Dear Mr. Einhorn,

As you probably are already aware, Warner is releasing a new CGI film of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in March 2007. I think this would be a perfect time to release a new 2 disc Special Edition DVD of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-The Original Movie from 1990. Although I have enjoyed your original DVD of the film from 1997, I would really like to buy a new edition of the film with an improved digital video transfer and a bonus disc of extras, including deleted scenes (which I have heard to exist), a commentary with the actors (i.e. Josh Pais-Raphael), documentary, featurettes, trailers/TV spots, etc.

I have greatly enjoyed your Platinum editions of your films and I believe that a new Platinum edition of TMNT-the original movie would sell very well with the new movie coming out next year. It truly put New Line on the map back in 1990 as a serious player and I believe that the film has a cult fan basis with comic book fans. It wasn’t just for kids.

Thank you very much for your time and attention and I look forward to your future
DVD and Hi Def format releases.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I'll write and call today. I would definitely pay a few extra $$$ for a proper special edition of TMNT. Nostalgia is a big thing with me and doesn't get much more nostalgic. :) I'd even pay for an SE of the second one, too.

Thanks for the information!

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
ZackR,
Thanks for the reply. I agree. I wouldn't mind a 2-disc edition of the 2nd film with extras, let alone a new box set of the three films with extras!!! I know there were deleted scenes from the first film that were cut.

I always thought the '97 transfer was too dark. It was a dark movie, but I saw the UK 2004 transfer which was lighter and showed more detail. Yet the PAL transfer was sped up. I'm certain with the improvements in DVD transfers in the past 10 years, that these films could look much better, especially for HD DVDs.

Believe me, I'd gladly "shell" out extra $$ any day for better transfers of these films and bonus extras! Like you said, they have nostalgic value to A LOT of people!!
Thanks,
ERICKA

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I had all those trading cards and I think you are right, though I have not seen them in years. I am curious now. I'll dig them out of the attic and see what I can find! :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I have the first two on DVD, but I'd buy a SE of them as well. I'd like to see those deleted scenes too--they were, in fact on the cards, but also in a sticker book or something that came out, I think.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
..and I was ready to order the 3-pack from Amazon!
Guess I'll wait a bit more!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'm gonna post the page on my news section. Glad to see you found a working number :).

Maybe I'll give them a call to see if we can post that number on fan pages all over the next.

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
I agree,

I think SE's of ALL THREE FILMS would be great! :)

NeilV,
I tried your twelveoclock site but no news would boot up. Is there anything I need to install?

Thanks,
ERICKA

P.S. KEEP SENDING THOSE LETTERS IN!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
NEILV,

Thanks for the info. I've bookmarked it.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

How was their response when you called them? Just curious.

Thanks for the support,

ERICKA

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie
hi neil v your shredder565 from toon zone right its me moumantai

since you redid your site does thjat mean you redid your turtles radio station too

i cant wait for these movies to come out again ive been trying to find teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 the secret of the ooze for a long time

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I've heard there is an R-Rated version floating around of TMNT, whether that's true or not, we'll never know I suppose.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

TMNT Radio was proving too expensive at the time to keep around. Life Bills come first, sadly :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks