Pop-up Adds

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Frisby, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Lee Frisby

Lee Frisby Auditioning

Do those pop-up adds annoy anyone else?? They're starting to get really annoying to me. Does anyone know where I could get a program that will take these pop-up adds off my computer?? I know you can buy programs but I was looking for a free one that works.Thanks.

2. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Lee: I have Pop-Up Stopper and it works great. Doesn't stop EVERY pop-up, but I've noticed it stops about 90% to 95% of them. I'm so impressed with it I'm considering making a donation to the company. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

3. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Just download Mozilla and say goodbye to pop-up ads, as well as that bloated browser from M$.

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I actually prefer AdSubtract-you can customize the settings for different domains, as well as manage cookies etc. Nice little program.

5. Lee Frisby

Lee Frisby Auditioning

I'm trying that Pop-up stopper right now ,and so far it's does work quite well. I'm impressed with the way it works so far[​IMG] Thanks Brian

6. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

No prob, Lee. Hope you like it. [​IMG]

7. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Two more free options:
    http://www.webwasher.com
    Stops popups, cookie control, etc. Nice. Free. Works on most popups but not all.
    http://proxomitron.cjb.net
    Much more universal HTTP filter. You need to know a bit more what you are doing, but it will let you filter literally anything and add or remove stuff to the web pages for you.

8. Al_Reb

Al_Reb Agent

Here's some more free options:
    http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/mi...popblock.shtml
    I had Pop-up Killer and it worked ok, some of the more annoying pop-ups got though it but recently dumped it and got EMS. I have got to say that the EMS program works better than Pop-up Killer and I think I read some were that the Pop-up Killer is now dead, i.e. no support.
    There's a ton of free & share stuff at the parent site I listed...and no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just get most of my stuff there.[​IMG]