What's new

Pop-up Adds (1 Viewer)

Lee Frisby

Auditioning
Do those pop-up adds annoy anyone else?? They're starting to get really annoying to me. Does anyone know where I could get a program that will take these pop-up adds off my computer?? I know you can buy programs but I was looking for a free one that works.Thanks.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Lee: I have Pop-Up Stopper and it works great. Doesn't stop EVERY pop-up, but I've noticed it stops about 90% to 95% of them. I'm so impressed with it I'm considering making a donation to the company. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I actually prefer AdSubtract-you can customize the settings for different domains, as well as manage cookies etc. Nice little program.

Lee Frisby

Auditioning
I'm trying that Pop-up stopper right now ,and so far it's does work quite well. I'm impressed with the way it works so far:) Thanks Brian

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Two more free options:
Link Removed
Stops popups, cookie control, etc. Nice. Free. Works on most popups but not all.
Link Removed
Much more universal HTTP filter. You need to know a bit more what you are doing, but it will let you filter literally anything and add or remove stuff to the web pages for you.

Al_Reb

Agent
Here's some more free options:
http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/mi...popblock.shtml
I had Pop-up Killer and it worked ok, some of the more annoying pop-ups got though it but recently dumped it and got EMS. I have got to say that the EMS program works better than Pop-up Killer and I think I read some were that the Pop-up Killer is now dead, i.e. no support.
There's a ton of free & share stuff at the parent site I listed...and no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I just get most of my stuff there.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks