What's new

Polyfil.......Loose stuffing or Rolls? (1 Viewer)

Richard Moya

Stunt Coordinator
I want to mod my SAWM40 and have bought both. Anyone try both and find one works better than the other?

Thanks in advance folks.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
If both are made from the same exact material, (polyfill), in reality they both will do the same thing...;)

My preferance for stuffing boxed style subs, is usually loose bag fill.

This Sony-40 modification hase been covered many many times. If or when you can get at the search fuction, all the Sony sub stuffing info you could want should be available for your reading.

Most Sony owners speak of a positive sound difference with the stuffing modification.

Regards
Geoff

Rick-S

Agent
My first sub was a Sony and the polyfill helped tighten the boomy sound at least by 50%. As inexpensive as this is, I am surprised that Sony doesn't already include polyfil in their sub! I used the sheet however but I'm sure both work just fine.
Rick

James Grasso

Agent
Check this thread to see the effect of polyfil/spikes on my SA-WM40. I feel that it sounds much louder and better with the spiked feet and polyfil. I used the loose bag of stuffing, but I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks