What's new

Politically Incorrect ends tonight (Fri) (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
It seemed to me that he has hinted at some future happenings on the show, like saying something about not wanting people to fight to keep his show on ABC or something like that. He actually seems relieved to get off the network.

Frankly, I'm surprised that it even lasted that long. Maher is one of the most delightfully offensive people on TV, a personality that simply does not mesh with the Disney Empire.

I hope he gets a cable show or something.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would love to watch Bill do another show like PI on HBO. Or Comedy Central for that matter, but I think he'd have even more lattitude on HBO.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love it if PI landed on HBO. The show is great, but it would be even better if it was uncensored, free from those horrible commercial breaks, and an hour long.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
There will be reruns next week according to PI's ABC site. I'll follow Bill wherever he goes (despite the fact I only agree with him 55% of the time).

BTW, Michael Moore and Tim Robbins were great on last night's show.

I hope Bill's next show is either an hour long or commercial free.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
And thus ends my frustration. I live in St. Louis, where the owner of the local ABC affiliate took P.I. off the air the day after the infamous "cowardly" exchange with D'Souza. Hopefully now, I will be able to catch him in some other venue. Didn't always agree with him, but watched his standup and P.I., both on Comedy Central and ABC, religiously.

Peter McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked this show. Not because I agreed with Maher all the time (only about half the time). But because the format is unique and different from that of any other talk show on TV.

Peter

Tony_P

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

The last show consisted of Bill pretty much thanking both the people behind the scenes of PI and the audience. His guests did not actually talk that much. It was somewhat bittersweet, but also funny.

I have always enjoyed the debate on PI and I will miss it. It is a shame that a show like this is leaving the airwaves just when we, as a country, need it most, IMO. Dissenting opinions are crucial component of our democracy.

RIP, Politically Incorrect...

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
For a second I thought Bill was actually going to propose to Ariana, and I think everyone else did too, including Ariana.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Ariana is married already, I believe. Besides, Bill would never get married.

Thanks for the synopsis, Tony. Turns out I actually did record it, but I forgot I did. :b So I did manage to see it.

I think Bill will get another show. There is an audience for it.

I smiled when he said that he doesn't make people think differently, but that his audience already thinks differently.

My favorite shows, like PI and Family Guy, simply do not belong on network television, which are built to appeal to a wider audience. I am not that audience: I want controversy, insults, political incorrectness, and offensive material. That stuff should be on cable, and leave Touch By An Angel for the networks.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Arianna was married to Michael Huffington, a rich Republican that ran for U.S. Senate in California back in '94. He lost; they divorced (and there's a bit of story there too). I'm pretty sure she has not remarried since.

She did look genuinely surprised, but Bill stayed true to form!

//Ken

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Unfortuately, it appeared that Maher turned after the show transferred over from Comedy Central to ABC. The debate between the guests was still strong but Maher changed somehow. In my eyes, it started suffering the "X-Files" syndrome.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I got the indication from his proposal to Arianna that he has a show lined up already that he may have been verbotten to speak of on ABC's PI, but that he snuck something in anyway to keep his audience aware that he'll be back.

I hope Arianna wasn't too dissapointed. It would have been fair to tell her in advance what he was going to do, but by her reaction, I'd say she was as surprised as the audience.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone hear Howard Stern this morning? He was totally ripping on the final episode and Maher, as well as claiming to have invented the show. What an ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks