What's new

Police SACDs (1 Viewer)

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
How do the first two Police SACDs sound? I am talking about Outlandos D'Amour and Reggatta Del Blanc. I own the original CD releases and they sound very muddy. I always thought the LPs sounded bad also. I was hoping the SACD releases upgraded the sound. Thanks for any info.

Jeff

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The SACD's are muddy like the LP's and CD's before them because, as you really realize, the original recordings dictate such. I don't let that bother me though. If somebody is as talented I'd listen to them over a gramophone if need be.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Thanks for the reply Rachael. I already have the original CD releases. In your opinion, are the SACD releases worth purchasing?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'm so-so on the m/c versions contained on the compilation SACD - if this is the best they can do, then not worth waiting.

That said, I guess I'm one of the few that finds the SACDs to be a very nice and notable improvement over the CDs. I particularly like the sound of the first two albums. I don't know if different recording techniques were used in the studio, but these two seemed to transfer to SACD a bit better than the others.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jeff, I'd buy the ones I liked. I never had the CD's so I could not compare there. I had the vinyl before these. Buy 'em if you want'em because the way things are going, who'd know when they might go out of print. There's little certainity with this format, ultimately. If you want hybrids, you could proably get those from Amazon France? The Euro editions are hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks