What's new

Point 5's with AS-P4000? (1 Viewer)

PajC

Auditioning
Real Name
Carl
Hi guys. Forum newbie here.

I'm setting up a HT system in a second listening room (den) in my flat. Room size 11ftx11ftx7ft. Satellites would probably be just right for the size of the den but I'm not too fond of satellites.

I've basically made up my mind to get the Athena Point 5's over the Micra 6. Question is should I go for the AS-P4000 or the ASP300 that is recommended to go with the Point 5's. I'm worried that the sub will come out boomy. Please also note that I plan to use the system later on in a proper sized bedroom.

Thanks.

Carl

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't quite get the question? The 4000 is the better of the two subs, so it should not be a problem, though in a square room, you will likely have bass response issues. Avoid sitting in the center of the room.

Another sub you might consider is the Onyx X-sub for $199 at www.av123.com

PajC

Auditioning
Real Name
Carl
Apologies for the query not being very clear.

Basically I was concerned that there'd be a risk of having boomy bass if I got the P4000 since the room size is quite small.

I may end up going with the P4000 so the system can be used in a slightly bigger room later on.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks