What's new

Plz help finding a projector. (1 Viewer)

t1mberwolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Can anyone give me a suggestion on some projectors. I'm in the process on building a home theater. My room is 23 feet long by 12 feet wide. I was thinking of having a 8 foot wide screen. Does this sound right for this room. I need to pick a projector i believe so i can run a HDMI cable before i close in the walls. Which brings up my next question where to get a 32 foot HDMI cable? Any suggestions on type or brand of cable?

Thanks for any input
TImber

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Monoprice.com for any cables. The screen size depends on your seating distance, not the room size. You need to give much more info before we can recommend any projectors. The first thing you need to do is decide on LCD or DLP. What is your budget for projector? 720p or 1080p? What is your ceiling height? Will you ceiling mount it?

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Projectorcentral.com is the best place to go to read up on the different projectors available, and they have professional reviews and a guide for viewing distance vs. screen size for each projector available. That's where you should start your research.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you need to consider which PJ you want, throw distance, and screen size, before you consider cable length.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks