What's new

Please release "Twilight's Last Gleaming" (Warner Bros.?) (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Finally watched this film over the weekend. My first impression of it was the movie-of-the-week quality I felt it had kind of threw me for a loop. But it wasn't even a good movie-of-the-week, it was more like a low-rent comedy watching these guys take possession of a nuclear missile silo so easily and then making all kinds of inept decisions. All Burt Lancaster was doing was pacing back and forth waiting for something to happen, while Burt Young fiddled his thumb and made funny faces. The scenes in the White House were interesting but other than that I found the film quite unintentionally funny. Hard to believe people waited so long for this to hit home video.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
cineMANIAC said:
I found the film quite unintentionally funny. Hard to believe people waited so long for this to hit home video.
As the 1973 Lost Horizon musical thread will attest, even bad movies have their cult followers. There are some people who would swoon over a deluxe edition (deleted scenes, surviving cast interviews, director commentary, screen tests etc.) for a DVD of At Long Last Love!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
To each his own, but comparing TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING to LOST HORIZON and AT LONG LAST LOVE is....a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks