What's new

Please help with this movie poster (1 Viewer)

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey folks, not sure where this thread should belong; hopefully it's right here. My brother is a huge movie poster fan and wants a Return of the King poster. I found this one:

http://www.hollywooddreamsonline.com...l.aspx?ID=1193

It's huge and I know he'd love it. My questions are:
Is this a reliable website? Is this poster "official"? I'm not too educated on what to look for with movie posters. Is there a quick 5-10 page FAQ on movie posters?

Thanks for the help!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I clicked the link and looked around. I don't know anything about them. I saw a poster I desperately wanted and even put it in a "cart" but then I noticed a strange thing. They're selling Trilogy Tuesday Gifts (http://www.hollywooddreamsonline.com...l.aspx?ID=1217) with no indication (via text or price) that they were limited editions given freely to TT-goers. Are they fake? Are they real? If they're real does New Line/Weta know about this?

The price is unbelieveably reasonable for such a "limited edition" item!

I don't know. It's odd. I still want my poster though. I hope someone else chimes in.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
You realize that's not a poster though, right? It's a banner, and is humongous. Normal posters are 27x40. This is 48x68.

I've bought a bunch of posters from Hollywood Dreams. Most recently, my wife got me the six Return of the King teaser posters from them, for Christmas. They're fantastic, and as far as I can tell, originals.

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I know it's a big one, and I'm hoping my brother will appreciate it:) Thanks for the feedback!

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
So it's been almost a month since I ordered from these punks. I STILL have NOT received my poster. I'll keep you updated. As far as I'm concerned, stay away from them.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
First of all, that sucks.

Second of all, I hope you either get your money back or another poster in perfect condition.

Third of all, could you put the pics on seperate pages or put a list of links to each photo? It would help a lot to see the posters and tubes.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Of the four posters I've received from eBay sellers, two of them were destroyed in exactly the manner your picture shows. I'm all too familiar with the fold pattern a bent poster tube makes. I hope you can get it replaced since the tube(s) were obviously deficient. (In my case they were perfectly fine tubes that the USPS managed to maim anyway.)

www.learnaboutmovieposters.com is a great site by the way, with a friendly, active forum populated by serious pros (some major names in the business).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks