What's new

PLEASE HELP WITH MY HDTV & HDMI!?!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

I have an Olevia 47" tv that has 1080p and 60hz, but its only allowing me to use 24hz!?!?!? Do I need a better HDMI cable?? Or do I need to correct something on the tv menu??? I watch my bluray movies with my PS3 and thats where the cable is connecting to. Please any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum. You might not be aware that your Facebook Privacy settings are set so high that we are unable to see your name. One of our rules is that everyone needs to use a first name to help keep things civilized. You can either change your Facebook privacy settings or put your first name in the Display User name filed on your account settings page here. Thanks.

To answer your question in this instance less is more. Film based Blu-rays are mastered at 24 frames per second and you will get the best picture quality if your TV is able to display a Blu-ray at 24hz. If it displayed at 60hz there would be a conversion process that could compromise the picture and introduce artifacts and make diagonal lines look jagged.

Why is this? Film is 24 frames per second. Standard definition video is 30 Frames per second and HD video is 60 frames per second. Don't equate a higher hz with a better picture. A 1080P Blu-ray at 24hz will look better than most HDTV signals at 60hz. Since most TV is video, TVs are designed to display things at 30 or 60hz.

For some reason if you want to have the signal converted from 24 to 60hz, you would need to change the video settings in your PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks