What's new

PLEASE HELP..NEWBIE Looking into Rotel, Marantz,etc.. (1 Viewer)

scott cerv

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for my ignorance, but I need some help. The only few seperates in my price range are the Outlaw 950 combo and some Rotel products. Anyone have some idea what the RSP1066 will cost?? $2K?? Given the RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 I think I'd be more than happy. I'm also looking at the Marantz combo. Any thoughts? I want really good 2 channel as well as HQ HT. Would like to stay in the sub $3K range. They have a demo RSP986 at the local dealer for $1399. Too bad I didn't do the research earlier and stocked the bank. Any new products to hit the scene soon??

SC

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Scott:

There's plenty of discussion here about the RSP-1066 and the Outlaw.

I guess the first thing you ought to do is decide what features you're looking for. The RSP-976 is the unit I own, and I'm very pleased with it, both for two-channel and HT. But you should know that the 976 is being phased out in favor of the 1066. It doesn't support 7.1 channels or Dolby ProLogic II or some other formats.

If all you're looking for is good 5.1 and two-channel performance, and you don't think you'll be adding speakers in the future, then the 976 might be a pre-pro to take a close look at. I know the 976s are being closed out in the U.S. for around $900-$1,000. The 1066 has a retail price of about $1,500.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks